Thread: Visa transfer to new passport

Default Visa transfer to new passport

Hi Everyone
    I applied to transfer my resident visa to new passort on 15th March , i haven;t heard anything back yet. Does anyone know how long it takes because i am going overseas in 10 days. I am bit worried.

Please help.
    Last edited by hundal211; 28th March 2016 at 09:18 AM.

Which branch? Should not be more that 10-14 workings days. Might just have got caught in Easter slowdown.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 28th March 2016 at 09:32 AM.

Palmerston North Branch. I called immigration Contact centre and they told me it is still in queue

I've corrected my typos (not more than 10-14 working days.) I expect you'll have it back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hundal211 View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I applied to transfer my resident visa to new passort on 15th March , i haven;t heard anything back yet. Does anyone know how long it takes because i am going overseas in 10 days. I am bit worried.

Please help.
    Hi there,

10 days for me in Hamilton Branch.

Regards,

Can I ask questions relates to this visa-passport thingy?

So assuming the passport is expiring, thus the holder will get it renewed. Once received a new passport, it will take 10-14 working days for visa stickers processing. So during the processing period, how can the holder justify they are holding Residency/PR, because the sticker is at old passport not new passport?

If one renewed his passport at home country, does he need to apply for visitor visa to get into NZ, before getting his new passport stamped?

Hopefully my questions are not confusing

Thanks!

So during the processing period, how can the holder justify they are holding Residency/PR, because the sticker is at old passport not new passport?
    He can't, directly, for that short time. But if some duly constituted authority, such as a police officer, asks, they can be told that the passport has been sent in to be renewed, or the new one has gone in to have the visa label transferred. It isn't usually a big drama. The holder will just be told to show their passport at the nearest police station when it comes back. Within NZ, if there was some urgent query, the NZ police could check with INZ directly.

If you do the passport renewal in your home country, you will need to get the visa changed into that new passport before you can re-enter NZ, either by visiting or sending the passport to an INZ office in your own country, or, if permitted, by sending the passport to an INZ office in a neighbouring country.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    He can't, directly, for that short time. But if some duly constituted authority, such as a police officer, asks, they can be told that the passport has been sent in to be renewed, or the new one has gone in to have the visa label transferred. It isn't usually a big drama. The holder will just be told to show their passport at the nearest police station when it comes back. Within NZ, if there was some urgent query, the NZ police could check with INZ directly.

If you do the passport renewal in your home country, you will need to get the visa changed into that new passport before you can re-enter NZ, either by visiting or sending the passport to an INZ office in your own country, or, if permitted, by sending the passport to an INZ office in a neighbouring country.

Understood, well understood. Thanks mate