Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Job while your residency in process

Default Changing Job while your residency in process

Hi there,

My residency file was picked on 1st week of march 2016 but I changed my job this week and immigration officer has been informed and provided new job offer & contract.

I want to know how immigration officer will take decision on my application as I have recently changed my job.

Will they take decision on basis if new job ? or they going to take time ? how this all gona work ?

So confusioning ?

Please advise.

They will check out the conditions of your new employment. INZ always need to know that a skilled job that is part of an application is for a company that has a sound financial basis (so it isn't going to fold next week and leave the applicant without a job), and which operates strictly within NZ law.

There is no way to tell from what you have said whether they had already done those checks for your previous job - if they had, obviously, that time was wasted because the information no longer applies to you.

Hi jade,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for not giving enough information.

So far there is no checks done / questions asked by my C.Officer . I was asked to submit and new offer with job description because my current company is closing down and I had no choice or to change job with better job description and responsibilities. I've also received pay rise from my new organisation.

Now I want to understand what is immigration process ? Because I am going to join my new employer by 2nd week of april 2016. At the moment I am serving my notice period.

Please advise

You need to make sure that you EITHER change the conditions of your existing work visa, OR get a new one - which you do will depend on how similar the new skilled job is to the old one, and your local INZ office will advise you - to make absolutely certain that you are legally in NZ all the time. (This isn't difficult, but it is very important.) It is not legal to work in the new job with the visa you got for the old one. If you have to change the visa, if it will not be through before you leave the old job, you will get an Interim visa automatically. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...erimvisaqa.htm

As I said before, the application for Residence under SMC will continue

I've already applied for change over visa under the same category because its an same position but with different employer. I wouldn't be starting my new job without getting my new visa. I totally respect and understand NZ working laws.

For my residency application My only concern is because I've not spend enough time with my new employer, will immigration are likely to approve my application on the basis of my new employment or will be asked to spend few months /year with the company ?? OR they likely to put my application on hold for some time ?

No, there is no likelihood of delaying the processing of your visa. As long as the company meets the regulations when checked out, and your job is in line with requirements, you can be granted residence. It's possible that, if the checking was all done before you'd been working there for three months, you might be granted your visa with a Section 49(1) condition that you must work for that firm for three months, which is what happens when someone applies with only a job OFFER. This is no problem though - it is still full Residence, and you simply need to go along to INZ when the three months are done, and show your pay/tax records to prove that you have worked the three months and are still employed there, then INZ give you another visa label with no conditions on it.

ohk. I got it now. lets see how long its gona take to give me final results.

Everyone was giving different opinions and I was getting stressed.

Thanks a ton Jand

they have not changed my online status after EOI decision was made successful. However, CO has been assigned to my case which I guess it the last stage before any final decision ??

Is this normal ?

There is nothing more to tell yet, online or from your CO. VERY LITTLE is ever put online. Your case is being processed. All the information you sent about yourself is being verified, by asking someone who is in a position to know that it is true (for instance, your university about your qualification(s), former employer(s) about work experience), and you know that your new job will be checked out, too. If the CO needs any more information, s/he will tell you. It is entirely normal that you don't hear anything for a long time. Everyone always feels anxious, but there's nothing to be done but wait.

Cool ! i'll wait

Thanks jand

You are amazing !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast