Thread: Do I need submit EOI for applying for residence under the Family Partnership Category?

Default Do I need submit EOI for applying for residence under the Family Partnership Category?

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some help here regarding applying for residence under the Family Partnership Category. My husband has New Zealand PR and we would like to move back to New Zealand. We have been married for 2 years and 8 months. Do I need to submit EOI first before submitting residence application form?
    Following the link below, it seems that there is no any reference about submitting the EOI.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm

And also, is my husband going to be a problem to be my sponsoring partner? He doesn't have a permanent home in NZ now has been away for 3 years. But he is still filling tax returns, paying student loans and maintaining a saving account there. Are these enough to be the "Evidence that New Zealand is your partner’s primary place of established residence"?

Thanks for your help.

Elly

No, you don't have to fill in an EOI. The link you give is the correct page for your sort of application. Follow the instructions there.

Your husband may have to answer some questions about his intentions of returning to NZ to live, but since he has maintained links with the country, this should help.

Here are old threads about evidence of partnership which should help you to see what you will need to supply, and give you some inspiration about the kinds of proof you can be collecting. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

Thank you so much JandM, you are a Godsend on this forum