Thread: How to reference Recognised Work Experience when the company is out of business?

Default How to reference Recognised Work Experience when the company is out of business?

I am in the process of filling out EoI. My qualifications and work experience are in an area of absolute skills shortage, so I am filling out the Recognised Work Experience section of the form. I have more than ten years of experience in this area.

The company at which I held a job ten years ago is now out of business, and has been for years. The company has no address, website, phone number, contact person, etc.

Has anyone ever run into this? Any suggestions on how to list such experience in an acceptable fashion?

Thanks!

do you need to claim these points? With a job offer you only need 100. if this was more than 10 years ago, then maybe not?

Even if you can't track the employer or one of the seniors of the company, can you find a former co-worker? You can get a letter from such a person to testify to your role and responsibilities and that you worked full-time.

Yes, I could definitely get someone to testify I'd worked there; even a senior person. I'm just not sure how to fill out the EoI fields - they require one of email or phone number, address, etc.

If I were you, I would put the old address, old contact of the company and current/old phone number of the person who used to represent the company or my former manager. Then in the detailed explanation, I would explain that the company had been out of business for some years and what you put was the old ones etc...
    Besides, in my country, we have to pay Social Insurance to the government (for our pension) while we work and there's a booklet (which belongs to the employee) to record this. This can prove the period and the company you worked for and I did submit a certified copy of that with my ITA document. Not sure if there is any similar in the US. Or you might consider your tax history if you can retrieve.
    It seems that if your document is coherent and logical, then CO won't ring/call the referees to check (I think this applies to my case and many others in this forum I think).
    Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you KandT, this makes sense. I do know the old address of the company. I can definitely prove via letters from supervisors or tax records that I worked here, and in the correct position. The EoI just makes this difficult if the company no longer exists.

Thank you for your input!