Thread: Residence Application INZ 1000 - What to fill out in certain sections?

Default Residence Application INZ 1000 - What to fill out in certain sections?

I did read the Residence Guide information that the application directed me to and searched the forum but didn’t get any clear answers. I’m hoping someone can guide me on what to answer on the form.

Section B (Contact Details) – B4 “Do you authorize the person stated at B3 to act on your behalf? Yes or No?” For B3 I filled in my own details, so I’m assuming I should just check yes here? (Though it sounds a bit strange to me that I’m allowing myself to act on my own behalf.)

Section C (Principal applicant’s family details) – C1 When filling out Parents, Siblings, etc there is a category called “Partnership Status.” What am I supposed to put here? Do I put their relationship to me “brother, sister” or their relationship status “married, divorced”?

Section D (Partner’s personal details) – D10 “Is your partner included in this application?” I’m not sure how to answer that. I am filling out the application as a USA citizen, hoping to receive NZ residence through my NZ permanent resident husband. Would he be included?

Section G (Character requirements) – G1 “List the countries you have lived in for 12 months or more. Include home country.” I have only ever lived in my home country. Should I put my DOB as the date of arrival? What should I put as my date of departure since I have no idea when I will be leaving for NZ?

Application fee & Immigration Levy: Office & Fees Finder: I enter that I am a USA citizen living in the USA and applying for a Visa under the Partnership category but it keeps directing me to the London UK branch? Is this an error?

[B]Section B (Contact Details) – B4 “Do you authorize the person stated at B3 to act on your behalf? Yes or No?” For B3 I filled in my own details, so I’m assuming I should just check yes here? (Though it sounds a bit strange to me that I’m allowing myself to act on my own behalf.)

leave blank/ enter N/A

Section C (Principal applicant’s family details) – C1 When filling out Parents, Siblings, etc there is a category called “Partnership Status.” What am I supposed to put here? Do I put their relationship to me “brother, sister” or their relationship status “married, divorced”?

relationship status eg. married, Single etc.

Section D (Partner’s personal details) – D10 “Is your partner included in this application?” I’m not sure how to answer that. I am filling out the application as a USA citizen, hoping to receive NZ residence through my NZ permanent resident husband. Would he be included?

No he's not included, but your should enter his basic details and that of his siblings etc

Section G (Character requirements) – G1 “List the countries you have lived in for 12 months or more. Include home country.” I have only ever lived in my home country. Should I put my DOB as the date of arrival? What should I put as my date of departure since I have no idea when I will be leaving for NZ?

put "birth to present"

Application fee & Immigration Levy: Office & Fees Finder: I enter that I am a USA citizen living in the USA and applying for a Visa under the Partnership category but it keeps directing me to the London UK branch? Is this an error?

No error, residence partnership applications from the US are processed in London.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 30th March 2016 at 10:39 AM.

Thank you so much, this helped immensely!