Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI for chef, what's next after logdement of ITA??

Question EOI for chef, what's next after logdement of ITA??

it's my first time in this forum, I had read alot of comments, especially from JanM, almost like I'm a fan now, lol, anyways I still unsure of what coming next after I summited ITA on 09 of March, maybe when will the CO be allocated or phone interview? And what will the interview be about? Any help will be much appreciated.

Hello and welcome.

When going through the application process, there is an awful lot of 'hurry up and wait'. All the INZ officials are dealing with many cases as well as your own, and delays can arise from factors affecting others of those cases.

Everything at INZ works by managed queues. When your ITA was received, clerks would look over what you have sent, and let you know if any evidence appears to be missing, which will be needed, so you could send it to join your file. After checking, the file would join the end of the queue of other ITAs, according to the date order. Each Case Officer has a certain workload - a number of cases that are theirs to deal with. The newly arrived ITAs have to wait till one of the COs has finished with some of their cases, and can take on some more. When an ITA is eventually assigned to a CO, it will again join the back of THAT queue for the CO's attention, as s/he takes the top file, does what s/he can actively do, puts that file to the back, works everything s/he can on that case, goes to the next, and so on.

Your Case Officer (CO) will take all the time it needs to check out everything you have sent in. (This can take months.) The CO will send to you for more information any time s/he finds it necessary.

When the CO gets to the point that everything seems to be true, if you don't have a job offer, s/he will set up an interview. In the interview, s/he will be judging whether you seem to be the kind of person who is employable in NZ, and if you could fit into NZ society. (There are many old threads on the forum giving you Interview Questions, e.g. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27398.) As a result of this interview, the result is one of three things - Approved in Principle for Residence, or a Job Search visa (deferred Residence) which gives the person a nine months visa to find a skilled job in NZ, or refusal.

But before the applicant is told the result, the case is checked over by a different official - there can be quite a long delay till this is done, partly depending on which office is dealing with your case.

There is a lot of waiting, and hearing nothing. Everyone worries - it is nothing personal to you! Good luck.

Hi there JandM, thank for enlighten me. But I just know that my employer had received questionnaires from my CO two days ago and the deadline is already on 26 of April, I wonder why the CO hasn't contact me? Or he will contact me after the questionnaires sent to him? If so, what will be that about?

When you talk about your employer, do you mean your employer in Cambodia, or are you already working in New Zealand? This can make a difference to what the CO will want to talk to you about.

A CO always mentions a very short deadline for information required. This is something imposed by the NZ authorities quite recently, in the hope of speeding up the processing of applications. However, it does not mean that all information is going to be checked that quickly - there is not actually as much urgency as a short deadline may suggest. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. That means, regardless of saying your employer's reply was required by 26th April, the CO will not know yet that it has arrived, and may not actually look at it till your file next comes to the front of the queue for attention, which may not be for another two or three weeks.

Thank you so much for your quick response, and sorry about the confusion, I'm already working in NZ. And I got one more question. For example, what can I do if I do not have payslip to provide to the CO, what can I use instead, like IRD statement and bank statement, will that help?

Hi Tua,

Could u post the timeline of your application?
    Also what branch is ur application at?
    Thank you.

Hello James,

. Eoi summit on 10/12/2015
    . EOI selected on 06/01/2016
    . EOI Decision successful on 18/01/2016
    . ITA Received on 20/02/2016
    . ITA summited on 9/03/2016
    . CO allocated and get Questionnaires on 21/04/2016

My Application is located in Henderson branch.

And just to be on the safe side. Please note that any information given is on my own experience, not for any immigration advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tua View Post
    Hello James,

. Eoi summit on 10/12/2015
    . EOI selected on 06/01/2016
    . EOI Decision successful on 18/01/2016
    . ITA Received on 20/02/2016
    . ITA summited on 9/03/2016
    . CO allocated and get Questionnaires on 21/04/2016

My Application is located in Henderson branch.

And just to be on the safe side. Please note that any information given is on my own experience, not for any immigration advise.
    Yup. Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tua View Post
    Thank you so much for your quick response, and sorry about the confusion, I'm already working in NZ. And I got one more question. For example, what can I do if I do not have payslip to provide to the CO, what can I use instead, like IRD statement and bank statement, will that help?
    Yes, you can use your tax and bank records.

And the CO will want to talk to you about exactly what your reponsibilities are at work. S/He will be making sure that you and your employer say the same as one another, and will be wanting to check that you have all, or nearly all, the responsibilities of a chef as mentioned at ANZSCO.

No problem james.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast