Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Thread: Drunk Driving offence

Hi All,

First of all i would like to thank every single person over here in this excellent forum who helped me securing my further residence visa.
    The process was very stressful and require patience. I have been issuied deportation liability notice and a questionaaire to respond to explain why i shouldn't be deported from NZ. I would say its becuase of my skill, good employment history and my asscoiation with good causes here in NZ helped me a lot.
    I would promised myself that i will never be in this situation in my life again.
    I have been offered further RV for 1 year with good beahviour bond for 2 yrs which means if i dont commit any offence anywhere in this planet only then i will be granted a PRV at the end of this 2 yrs period.
    So i would say to eveyone that never ever drink and drive, dont be mean and think about your family and near dear ones.

Thank you for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by helpplease View Post
    Hi All,

First of all i would like to thank every single person over here in this excellent forum who helped me securing my further residence visa.
    The process was very stressful and require patience. I have been issuied deportation liability notice and a questionaaire to respond to explain why i shouldn't be deported from NZ. I would say its becuase of my skill, good employment history and my asscoiation with good causes here in NZ helped me a lot.
    I would promised myself that i will never be in this situation in my life again.
    I have been offered further RV for 1 year with good beahviour bond for 2 yrs which means if i dont commit any offence anywhere in this planet only then i will be granted a PRV at the end of this 2 yrs period.
    So i would say to eveyone that never ever drink and drive, dont be mean and think about your family and near dear ones.
    Lets hope you have learned your lesson and actually don't drink n drive.

Hi,

This site always helped me and my family on immigration matters.

Short Summary: My brother did also make the same mistake as @Brians14, @newtonz16, @helpplease few days ago. He got his residency last year in Skilled Migrant Category and this was his first offense.

I have gone through all the comments and this thread already educate me a lot.

I have few questions for @Brians14, @newtonz16, @helpplease.

1. Did you guys ever DLN, I know few of you did receive the notice.
    2. When did you receive the notice after the incident?
    3. OPs, When did someone get the DLN notice? Immediately after the incident or he has to wait longer? What are the next options available, if you get a DLN?

Any advice will be helpful.

We already knew what he did and what next lies to him. There is no justification for his action. Doesn't matter if this the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsrana View Post
    Hi,

This site always helped me and my family on immigration matters.

Short Summary: My brother did also make the same mistake as @Brians14, @newtonz16, @helpplease few days ago. He got his residency last year in Skilled Migrant Category and this was his first offense.

I have gone through all the comments and this thread already educate me a lot.

I have few questions for @Brians14, @newtonz16, @helpplease.

1. Did you guys ever DLN, I know few of you did receive the notice.
    2. When did you receive the notice after the incident?
    3. OPs, When did someone get the DLN notice? Immediately after the incident or he has to wait longer? What are the next options available, if you get a DLN?

Any advice will be helpful.

We already knew what he did and what next lies to him. There is no justification for his action. Doesn't matter if this the first time.
    some will, some wont. It depends if and when INZ become aware of the conviction. it will though need to be dealt with at PRV time.

Hi,

Last week my husband got caught for drink and drive offence...He just got for his Partnership Residence last year Sept 2020. His reading was double than the limit e.g. 800 & pending for blood test for alcohol level result. Feeling devastated for his stupidity mistake & it is his first offence.
    I read thru the forum where people shared the experience on DUI & DLN. Been calling many criminal lawyer & immigration lawyer - its not a cheap & it will be an expensive journey for us. I heard deportation for resident visa for DUI is high these days...I'm not sure how to move forward to sort this matter.

I'm afraid you DO need expert help on this, as the previous threads have shown. The authorities have hardened their attitude to DUI and other road offences over recent years, and the maximum sentences possible bring many within range of automatic deportation.

Hi All,

Another mate from other country with RV and I think I have save him telling my DUI story.

I came here to share my story on this thread and update what happened to me after the case and DLN. Paying it forwards helping others like this forum helped me.

Sept2016 when we first came here in Christchurch as RV thru SMC path. Doing some small jobs in CC until Dec2015. By Jan2016 started the job working for District Council in North Island. Have done lots of volunteering within the community. Active member of the community, civil defence disaster management and others. Jan2017 my 1st year anniversary with my job. This is the unforgettable month and I can still tell you the very detailed story of what happened. The reading via breathalyzer is pretty much obvious so I admit it to the police. I did not fight without conviction like I said pretty obvious and I know myself done some few shots during that night. March2017 - Convicted that could imprisonment me for 3 months. But the presiding Judge gave me limited licence so I could drive company car. After 6 months got my licence back (June2017) and continue my day to day life.

Sept2017 - eligibility to apply for PR. I tried with a mindset that everyone similar case to mine will have a different result. November2017 received the DLN and the INZ officer suggested and asked if we want to convert the application to VOTC rather than PR, cause He mentioned I will be declined anyway. DLN was 2 years attached to my name, this will be enforced if I done similarly stupid again.

Nove2019 - Received the VOTC for RV
    Dec2019 - received email from INZ informing re cancellation of my DLN (wheeew) upon submittal of declaration letter.
    Jan2020 - Went overseas for holiday. Received officially the DLN cancellation
    Feb2020 - Came back to NZ, I think a bit of luck I guess came back before the lockdown. Continue day to day life work and volunteering. I even volunteered myself with the community with regards to DUI. Discussion, how to cope what to do etc.
    Feb to Sept2020 - thinking If I will apply for PR or wait for Sept2020 to apply directly my citizen. Since the family have no plans to go overseas It didnt came to my mind to apply for any until......

Feb2021 - NZ Citizen I applied thru online. Declared it all, what I have done and experience as mentioned above after this I never emailed them asking for update for more than 10months until
    Jan2021 - Received from DiA asking for confirmation if my details are correct. This is the only time they communicate but never asked about by DUI.
    Feb2022 - NZ citizenship approval via email. This is the best feeling ever. up to date we have not received our certificate.

To all of you guys on this Forum. Thank you so much you didn't even know how it helped me in so many ways. Sharing is the only way I could show my gratitude and appreciation.

And please DONT DRINK & DRIVE

Thank you for telling your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Thank you for telling your experience.
    most welcome and thanks to all of you

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112