Thread: Got resident visa

Default Got resident visa

hi, i got my resident visa before 4 months. but i had contract with my employer for 3 year to do work after getting Residency. he didn't pay me money last 1 month so i left the job with giving notice. now he is telling that he will give my file to his lawyer to revoke my definate PR to indefinite PR. so i want to know can he revoke my definate PR to Indefinite.

thanks

I don't understand the details of what you are saying.

Is it right that four months ago, you got Residence?

When you applied for Residence, did it include the skilled job that you were then doing? If so, how long had you been in that job?

When you were granted your Residence, did it have a Section 49 (1) condition on the visa label in your passport? - something about staying in the same skilled job for 3 months? Or does your residence label not have any conditions on it at all? (They all have travel conditions - that is not what I mean.)

yes i got residency 4 montha ago. yes it include skilled job and i have in this job more than 1 n half year. no it's doesn't have any section or condition on my passport. it just have travel conditions.

then there's nothing to worry about.

As a resident, without conditions on your residence visa you're free to work or not, or to work for anyone.
    Nothing to do with your former employer.
    To get your PRV, you normally would just need to remain NZ for 184 days (6 months, cumulative) in each of the two twelve month periods preceding the date of your application for PRV. You can apply after you have held your resident visa for 2 years e

ok thank you very much