Thread: character waiwer help!!!

Thumbs up character waiwer help!!!

Hi eveyone,

I am here at student visa.I drive car while my licence was suspended due to low demarit points.Now I applied for the extension of visa but immigration raised question that why did I drive.I have some reasons for that but I cant mention immigration.so I simply told them I made a mistake and I apologise for this.I never been apear to court before as I am living here for 5 years.More over,I sent some reference letters as well from my community to them. I am just wondering if I would granted a character waiwer or not.My previous visa already expired 2 months ago and application still in progress.Please any suggestions??

There isn't a 'nice' answer to be made to your query.

When an application for a character waiver is required, it is normally necessary to make a full and frank acceptance of responsibility, and an explanation of why the person committed the offence, as well as saying how they now understand why it was wrong and how they have changed, and providing the character references. It remains to be seen if INZ will accept your application without the first part. As to what you 'can't mention to immigration', you should bear in mind that the officials there will have seen all aspects of human life, so nothing will shock them, and that they will keep anything and everything confidential. Unless you are holding back from mentioning that you were doing something even more illegal at the time of driving without a licence, I think you would have helped your case by telling the truth - but now, of course, you have lied to INZ by saying 'made a mistake', and that is in itself a further offence.

Yea,This would be a further offence.Actually what happened that I chosen to live in a car or I would say I had to stay in car on that time for few months.I had borrowed money from people for my samester fee because my parents dont afford anymore.I had no choice except living in a car to cut the living cost to repay debt.I was helpless because I am not allowed to work more than 20 hours.Then police told me that my licence is suspended due to demarits.After that I tried to find a accomodation as soon as possible but unfortunately I couldnt able to find in that time period.police caught me within the 5-6 days after they took my licence.I was unlucky to find a accomodation in this 6 days.police drop me at a place where homeless people can stay for 1 or 2 days.My car got impounded and even after 28 days of seize I didnt had $500 to get my car back.They sold my car.Anyway it wasnt a expensive on.This is my sad story.
    Last edited by harpreet11; 4th April 2016 at 08:52 PM.

You could well have told this to INZ. The fact that you found yourself in this unfortunate position is some explanation of what happened. And you could still tell them, with the explanation that you found it hard to admit the situation you had come to.