Thread: drunk driving

Default drunk driving

Hi there i just wanna know that i just apply my residence last week with my New Zealand citizen partner. and this sunday i was caught drink driving with 303 legal limit is 250. and i haven't received email from immigration that they receive my file.i had talk with police officer and search on internet on ministry of justice site. and i found that i just have to pay 200$ fine with infringement notice and it will be not in my criminal record.because i was not convicted.
    so i just wana know that is i have to tell immigration that i was caught drink driving and got infringement notice .

i am very sorry and felling ashamed i did this. please help me ASAp so i can do next thing for my application.
    i will really appreciate your answers.
    thanks

A breath alcohol level in the 251-400 range is an infringement only. You haven't been arrested, charged or convicted of an offence so no declaration to INZ .in effect it's no different from a speeding or parking infringement.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 5th April 2016 at 06:22 PM.

thanks very much it is my birthday today but i cant celebrate because of tensed about this problem but now i have answered i can enjoy my birthday you made my day .

had a question about DUI first offence and having a student visa?what are the implications