Thread: One day late student visa

Default One day late student visa

Hi all,

I am an international student in Auckland and have been studying here since 2009. My visa labels the expiry date of 31st March 2016 and I lodged the application a day late on the 1st of April. The reason for that was I had to wait for a tuition fees expenses letter from my tertiary provider so I could send it to my family to pay but due to the long Easter weekend I received the letter on the 30th March. My father paid the tuition fees on the same day but I still had to wait for the receipt from my tertiary which I received on 1st April because the oversea payment was taking time. As soon as I got evrything I lodged a student visa application on 1st April. I am afraid that the visa will be refused because I made it after the expired date( staying unlawful in NZ). Has anyone ever been in any situation like mine. Please give me advice, what should I do now to help my visa approved.

Thanks

Section 63 Immigration Act 2009 copied below. see (a)

63 Expiry of visa
    (1)
    If the holder of a visa is in New Zealand, the visa expires on the earliest of—
    (a)
    the beginning of the day after the date specified in the visa as the expiry date
    (b)
    the beginning of the day after the day on which an event specified in the visa as the event on the occurrence of which the visa will expire occurs:
    (c)
    the beginning of the day after the last day of the period for which the visa grants stay in New Zealand to the holder:
    (d)
    the beginning of the day that is 3 months after the day on which an epidemic management notice expires, if the visa—
    (i)
    is a temporary entry class visa to which section 78 applies; and
    (ii)
    has not been cancelled earlier.
    (2)
    If the holder of a visa is outside New Zealand, the visa expires on the earlier of—
    (a)
    the day and time the holder left New Zealand, if the conditions of the visa do not allow further travel to New Zealand:
    (b)
    the beginning of the day after the date that is specified by the conditions of the visa as the last day of the period of time within which travel is allowed to New Zealand.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 5th April 2016 at 07:26 PM.

So that means the actual date that I became unlawful in NZ was 2nd April right?
    And I made the application on expiry date will that be acceptable by the INZ ?

I think they will consider it overstay just a guess though