Thread: Essential skill work visa with qulification in LTSSL query

Default Essential skill work visa with qulification in LTSSL query

Hi Guys,

I have got my EOI approved but still waiting for my ITA. My visa is expiring on 26/05 and it seems as per current time frame it could take upto 3 weeks.

My Indian degree is assessed to bachelor in computer and information sciences with specialization in Computer science by NZQA and i am working as ICT customer support officer. Both my degree and my work is listed in LTSSL so i am wondering if my ITA does not come on time and i apply for essential skill work visa will a labor market test be done? as on immigration website it says if occupation is in LTSSL and the person meets the qualification and/or work experience requirements of the list then the job is considered as in shortage automatically. But when i look on LTTSL list it also shows to have 3 year post qualification experience along with name of my qualification and job title.

Now i am confused that if my qualification requirements meets the LTSSL and my work experience is lees than 3 years is that still valid as it says (QUALIFICATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE) which should mean if i am not wrong, either or both of them can be considered.

Cheers

What sort of work visa are you on at the moment?

I am looking at the part of the INZ regulations covering an application under Essential Skills while waiting for a residence application under SMC - WK2.5.1, here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45676.htm - and I can't see the words you are quoting above.

I think that maybe Kush.shah was looking at he Work to residence:LTSSL visa - http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/34552.htm. However, you do need to meet the LTSSL criteria - including the three years' experience. My advice would be to contact INZ (the Immigration Contact Centre), explain the urgency and ask them to issue the ITA as a priority. They should do this. Recently, I have been getting onshore ones through in 2 weeks. Once the ITA has been issued a new Essential Skills Work Visa can be issued without going through the Labour Market Check. So long as the temp visa application is successfully lodged before the current one expires, you should get an Interim Visa to bridge any gap to the new temp visa.

Thanks, Karen.

Kush.shah, Karen is a Licensed Immigration Adviser, so you know you can trust what she says.

Hi karen,

I am currently on 2 post study employer sponsored visa. I am referring to the labor market check exceptions when we apply for a essential skill visa.
    It says on immigration employer suupplementry form that labor check is not required if the applicants occupation is in LTSSL and applicant meets qualification job AND/OR work experience requirments. I called INZ but the representative did not gave a confident answer and was like maybe you are right. As what is written on employer supplementry form, it seems only either one of that conditions is to be met and i think exact LTSSL conditions are to be met when i claim bonus ponts, but i am currently only after extension of my visa as not sure when will i get ITA. Let me know if what i am thinking is wrong?

My main concern is can i avoid if labor market check if my qualification requirements are met but not work experience requiment when i apply for essential skill work visa.

Cheers 😃

Also i got to know from other threads even if i have not got my ITA but my EOI is approved just because of that inz may not do labor market test. Is that how it goes .any one having information in that?