Thread: Christmas Decorations - are decorations cheap or expensive in NZ?

Red face Christmas Decorations - are decorations cheap or expensive in NZ?

We are getting the boxes of decorations out of the loft tonight for tomorows trimming up, and were just wondering wether to take any to NZ in our container next summer. Do people have Xmas trees, snowy wreaths, outside icicle lights window lights etc in NZ or would our house look out of place if we trimmed it up like we do here? And if they do, are decorations cheap or expensive in NZ, should we stock up on cheap ones here or ditch em and buy new in NZ next year?
    Somehow can't imagine all these snow scene decorations in the middle of a hot north island summer

bring them with you, the only thing being that if you have any fircone ones or anything made of natural, untreated materials then they are on the MAF list of things NOT to bring.

It is really weird 1st time round as we are experiencing. There are window displays, everything for sale decoration wise, santa parades etc, but it is warm and sunny.

I haven't seen any lit up houses but I know people are doing them, they have a competition on the radio and are advertising those big lit up reindeers etc in the shops.
    Our tree has just arrived in it's box, but i don't think i'll put it up. Xmas is going to be different this year and I would like to sit back and enjoy the summer BBQ stylie xmas we have planned.

Don't bring anything with pine cones but there is loads of choice for decorations especially in places like the warehouse, which is a bit like B&Q.

Deborah

Old father Scrooge here (me) leaves most of this kind of thing to the wife and kids. In the living room just now we have a tree with all sorts of tinsel, baubles, lights, and so on. The decorations we get in NZ are made in China mostly so they won't be too different in price to what's available in the UK.

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/advert...x?AdvertID=160

Heres the current warehouse flyer, gives you the xmas decs etc.... but if you like the ones you have bring them, unless there are pine cones or anything like that involved.

Sal

Do you get that electronically? I couldn't see anywhere to sign up?

D x

They publish it each week on their website......

D x