Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PPI letter and post study work visa

Default PPI letter and post study work visa

Hi everyone This is my first post here. I've been reading a lot from this forum, and would like to ask some questions about my application.

I studied Graduate Diploma in Management (level 7) at Otago Polytechnic 2 years ago. So I was on graduate open work visa, which expired March 2016. I have lodged a residency application on December 2015 (Auckland central branch). I described my job as a Technical Sales Rep. When my open work visa was about to expire, I applied for a post study work visa - employer assisted. It was approved within 2 days, and now currently I am on that visa until 2018.

Last week, I received a PPI letter, saying that my job is not skilled. But I applied a post study work visa under the same anzsco code and they approved it. I'm confused now. So when they approved my post study work visa, they didn't check the anzsco code? What will happen to my current visa if they decline my residency because my job is not substantially matched to the anzsco code?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks!

You are confusing between the requirements for a work visa cf SMC.
    You were granted a post-study work visa merely because your job makes use of your qualification. When assessing the work visa application, the CO makes sure that the papers you studied were relevant to your job. The job doesn't have to be "skilled" as defined by SMC. So you studied Grad Dip in Mgmt, then as long as your job description contains some sort of "management duties", then you got your work visa.

However, when it comes to SMC, your job description is compared against the ANZSCO nominated. The fact that you got a post-study work visa doesn't mean your job meets all the core tasks required in ANZSCO. The CO now makes a holistic view of your job against "Technical Sales Rep" and found a number of core tasks you don't perform.

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    You are confusing between the requirements for a work visa cf SMC.
    You were granted a post-study work visa merely because your job makes use of your qualification. When assessing the work visa application, the CO makes sure that the papers you studied were relevant to your job. The job doesn't have to be "skilled" as defined by SMC. So you studied Grad Dip in Mgmt, then as long as your job description contains some sort of "management duties", then you got your work visa.

However, when it comes to SMC, your job description is compared against the ANZSCO nominated. The fact that you got a post-study work visa doesn't mean your job meets all the core tasks required in ANZSCO. The CO now makes a holistic view of your job against "Technical Sales Rep" and found a number of core tasks you don't perform.
    I have to agree with 100K

Forget about your work visa, that has nothing to do with the criteria for a residence application.

INZ are looking for a substansial match between the role you perform and that described in ANZSCO for a Technical Sales rep.

if you have a PPI letter you may need professional advice.

Thank you l00K and ChrisMwn. Yes I met an immigration adviser and he said that it will be hard to argue as according to him my task is Sales Rep (unskilled one). Also, he said that my company didn't write all my responsibilities on their answer letter to INZ. It makes the case hard and he decided to not taking my case.

Now I am torn between trying to convince the CO (myself) by providing more evidence or withdraw my application.

Did you suggest Technical Sales Rep (nec) 225499? That can often simplfy any issues.

Yes I chose Technical sales rep (nec).

and your job is?

I work as sales rep for a poultry company. I sell eggs, egg pulps to bakeries, restaurants, wholesale supermarkets (like toops). I have to find new bakeries/restaurants to sell to as well.

I might have misintrepreted the "industry" meaning, that's why the adviser I met suggested that it would be hard.

AS much as I'd like to assist, I'm inclined to agree with the Adviser you consulted. It would be better to withdraw the application, rather than have it declined.
    You may just have to wait to you move to a sales manager role, or get a role that is Technical Sales.

Thanks for your suggestion ChrisMwn. Is there any future implications of having a residency application declined?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast