Thread: Residency: APPROVED?

Question Residency: APPROVED?

Hi all,

I submitted my application and interviewed with my CO 3 weeks again (final stage), looking at my status of Resident Visa application, it shows APPROVED.

Does that mean I got it? or could it possibly be search Visa?

Also, if I got it? how much time do they usually give until entering the country? i heard the visa can go for up to 1 year?

If it just says 'approved' with nothing on an extra line, that's it. Congratulations! If someone gets offered the JSV, then the online status has more, talking about a work visa.

When you get the AIP details, through the post or in an email, it will give you all the details of what you need to do. You will have six months from that point to send your passport in to have the visa label stuck in, and when you have that visa, you have a further 12 months till you MUST have presented your passport at Immigration at the airport upon arrival, to activate your Residence - that cut-off date is printed on the visa.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If it just says 'approved' with nothing on an extra line, that's it. Congratulations! If someone gets offered the JSV, then the online status has more, talking about a work visa.

When you get the AIP details, through the post or in an email, it will give you all the details of what you need to do. You will have six months from that point to send your passport in to have the visa label stuck in, and when you have that visa, you have a further 12 months till you MUST have presented your passport at Immigration at the airport upon arrival, to activate your Residence - that cut-off date is printed on the visa.
    Wow, you were right! I just got the letter via email. The only thing I am worried about is that I changed my physical address and only informed my CO of change of address (via email) once the status changed.

Do you think it's too late? I emailed him during the weekend and also left a voice message today morning.

Was there another way, maybe an online form, that I need to fill up to update my physical address so that further documents are sent to my correct address?

Thank you!!!

I don't think there is any special way to notify change of address, and I think you will probably have told the CO in time, from what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I don't think there is any special way to notify change of address, and I think you will probably have told the CO in time, from what you say.
    Thanks for the response. Looking at the email I received from my CO as shown below:

I am pleased to tell you that your application for a resident visa - Skilled Migrant has been approved in principle. Your resident visa will be granted subject to you having met the requirements set out in this letter.

What does in principle mean? Does it mean that I have to pay the migrant levy fee and send my passports overseas for the visa?

Yes, that's right.

Congrts!