Thread: work visa and family, seperate or all together

Default work visa and family, seperate or all together

Hi! New to the forum. I just received a job offer last week and I'm about to apply for a essential skills visa. My future employer wants me to start as soon as possible so I was planning on applying online then hopefully once approved sending in my husbands partner application with my 3 year olds visitor application. Does this make sense or should I just do paper applications and go down to immigration and do everyone's at once? I was under the impression that if I do my whole family's applications plus my work visa it'll take longer.

Arguably an online application is faster. As you seem to know though, you cant currently do family related applications online, (But you could do them individually once your work visa is approved.)
    Yes, I think what you are planning does make sense.
    Are you currently in NZ, or still off-shore?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Arguably an online application is faster. As you seem to know though, you cant currently do family related applications online, (But you could do them individually once your work visa is approved.)
    Yes, I think what you are planning does make sense.
    Are you currently in NZ, or still off-shore?
    Ok great thanks! We are currently in nz now staying with my husbands parents.

Are you also looking at residence?

If you have skilled employment, then lodging and having an EOI selected, means that you avoid any labour market testing issues with your work visa.

yes i have skilled employment but the process takes a long time so i was planning on applying for essential skills then once approved lodge my eoi for smc. It would take a minimum of i believe 3 months to get my smc snd i know my future employer won't wait that long.

. SMC application, onshore with a job offer is currently taking 6-9 months from lodgement of the application
    What I'm saying is that if you lodge an EOI, is will be selected in the next two weeks (next selection at 1.00pm this Wednesday.)

Having an EOI selected, means that your work visa application will be processed without the need for "labour market testing" which speeds things up there.

It would be possible to lodge EOI before Wednesday if you have the required information on hand.

PM me when you have done 5 posts and I can provide some guidance.

Your work visa application might take 2-4 weeks.(and might also depend on how you approach need for medicals etc, and whether your work visa application should be just for 12 months to avoid medicals at this stage etc.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 11th April 2016 at 11:12 AM.

ok so i would apply for eoi, get accepted then apply for essential skills visa?

that's it, and only apply for 12 month WV initially. You'll know by mid afternoon Wednesday that your EOI is selected.