Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favona Manukau City

Quote Originally Posted by Ansistent View Post
    Hi nzapplicant,

The Gardens does certainly have some nice properties! Most of them are large and modern, yet much cheaper than an equivalent large house closer to Auckland CBD! Definitely a good value area. The ethnic make-up of the area at the 2013 Census was: 58.1% European/Pakehas, 10% Maori, 9.7% Pacific Islanders, 28% Asians (includes all Asian countries). This means there is a much lower proportion of Maori and Pacific Islanders, as well as a much lower ranking on the social deprivation index, than all of the surronding suburbs (except Totara/Goodwood Heights). It is overall a middle-upper class area, although compared to the rest of "South Auckland", it is very much an upper class area!

If you need any more info, feel free to ask. I am more than happy to help

Ansistent
    Ansistent,
    Thank you very much. Your information is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by batgirl1001 View Post
    I'd like to suggest that you go to NZ Herald which is doing a profile right now on Auckland affordable housing. If you go to the interactive map, you will find what you can get for how much you are willing to pay.

If you take the standard measurement $120,000 deposit (20%) on a $600,000 property in The Gardens, you will virtually afford nearly 0% of houses in the suburb, which basically means you need to stump up more money.

It's a useful map and it allows you to make more practical decisions on where to live, what you can afford to buy or loan etc.

$600,000 is what most first-time home buyers are looking at when buying. If you have more, like within the price range of high 700s- 800s, you will be comfortable in many nice suburbs in Manukau with plenty of good choices for homes.
    batgirl1001
    Thank you, thanks a lot. This link is very useful. I have direction now.

There are a few OK streets in Favona if that's really the price range you're looking at. However, if you can afford more, definitely go for a better neighbourhood especially when you have school-going kids.

Sometimes, it just means having a smaller place and being creative about space. I'm sure you have no problem with that coming from HK! All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by breeze View Post
    There are a few OK streets in Favona if that's really the price range you're looking at. However, if you can afford more, definitely go for a better neighbourhood especially when you have school-going kids.

Sometimes, it just means having a smaller place and being creative about space. I'm sure you have no problem with that coming from HK! All the best!
    Thank you very much.

Can I ask why you said a 'large polynesian population' ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12