Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Referral to MA; response time to additional information

Default Referral to MA; response time to additional information

Hello!

I had to send additional reports as my xray showed shadowing which they thought was cardiac - it turned out to be a positional problem with the xray so I am A-OK. I sent my report to the CO as soon as I had my cardiologist and CT scan reports which she forwarded on 2 weeks ago (the 1st April)

I am due to start work 6th July, and want to fly out early June so I really want to start booking up my tickets and shipping etc.... does anyone know the rough ETA on MA's responding to additional information they have requested following a referral. The initial referral took around 3 weeks, but I was hoping this bit would be quicker!

I don't know even anecdotal evidence about this. I don't believe additional evidence waits through the whole queue for assignment again, since I believe cases waiting for something that has been required are set to one side, rather than going to the back of the line again, but there's no information about how soon the MA would go back to them, or how often s/he would check if a response has now arrived. ChrisMwn, do you have anything to add?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I don't know even anecdotal evidence about this. I don't believe additional evidence waits through the whole queue for assignment again, since I believe cases waiting for something that has been required are set to one side, rather than going to the back of the line again, but there's no information about how soon the MA would go back to them, or how often s/he would check if a response has now arrived. ChrisMwn, do you have anything to add?
    Thanks for the response.

Its slightly frustrating as my CO went on holiday for 10 days and returned this Wednesday but I haven't heard from her at all.
    I dont know if its bad etiquette to call up for a chat or anything and just see where we stand at the moment... I am getting very anxious about timings now - on top of the additional stress (and money) of having to get cardiologist assessments and CT scans when it was just a poor job done at the initial medical assessment.
    I really want to fly in 8 weeks time, and feel like the clock is ticking! If I am rejected for any reason, or they need yet more information, I may have to pull my house off the market and attempt to retract my notice at work (I had to give 3 months so was stuck between a rock and a hard place!):

You don't call up a CO 'for a chat', no. You can't expect a relationship with social overtones. Your CO will be working scores of other cases as well as yours. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. And that would mean that the CO wouldn't know, just off the top of her head, what the state of play is with your case.

Why don't you apply for a temporary work visa to get you out there and working, and let the Residence application under SMC finish off in its own good time? You could use the same police check and medical, etc.. Most temporary work visas are processed in around a month.

I did enquire about this [work visa] a few weeks ago, and my CO told me it would make no difference as the medical assessment still needs to go through the same channel and she still couldn't issue it without the MA's response. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post

I've recently seen a temporary visa issued within 3 weeks of information being sent back to MA ( London case)

Quote Originally Posted by Savahl View Post
    I did enquire about this [work visa] a few weeks ago, and my CO told me it would make no difference as the medical assessment still needs to go through the same channel and she still couldn't issue it without the MA's response. *shrug*
    That's an odd reply. Yes, she'd still need the medical. But the only situation in which it would make absolutely no difference would be if she'd completed ALL the other verification work on your residence application and was ONLY waiting for the medical to clear, which would hardly be possible 'a few weeks ago'. *Another shrug*

My husbands panel doctor didn't upload the full report from our cardiologist. The MA requested it on march 14th. We responded the next day. We called immigration and they said ten business days until they look at it again. On april 11th we called and his medical was cleared, though not sure of the exact date it was. Still waiting for the visa though. :/

Did anyone got there visa after clearance from MA? I m waiting already from past 1 month but there is no reply.

I called today and nothing has been done on my application since my medical has passed a few weeks ago. They said palmerston north is extremely backed up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast