Thread: Doubt on my Point Calculation

Default Doubt on my Point Calculation

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me to clear my doubt..Thanks in advance.

I'm currently working out of Singapore, and i have 10 + years experience in IT industry but never worked in NZ nor i have job offer.

Here are list of points which i am trying to claim

25 Points for Age
    30 Points for Exp
    50 Points for My bachelor Degree
    10 points: qualification in an identified future growth area
    10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage
    20 points: if your partner holds a level 7+ qualification

I've doubt whether are not i can claim points for qualification in an identified future growth area, if not, Do i have any other options to reach 140 points limit.

Thanks

Mohan

Quote Originally Posted by momate View Post
    Hi All,

Hope someone can help me to clear my doubt..Thanks in advance.

I'm currently working out of Singapore, and i have 10 + years experience in IT industry but never worked in NZ nor i have job offer.

Here are list of points which i am trying to claim

25 Points for Age
    30 Points for Exp
    50 Points for My bachelor Degree
    10 points: qualification in an identified future growth area
    10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage
    20 points: if your partner holds a level 7+ qualification

I've doubt whether are not i can claim points for qualification in an identified future growth area, if not, Do i have any other options to reach 140 points limit.

Thanks

Mohan
    Hi Mohan,

1. 25 points for age above 30 years
    2. 30 points for experience? How many years have you worked in singapore? I am assuming that you are from india? You should know that NZ does not consider India's job market as equivalent. So Indian experience doesn't count.
    3. 50 points for your bachelor degree, and you have to prove it is equivalent to NZ degree. Unless your university and course is in NZQA exempt list, you have to get your education assessed.
    4. For Long term skill shortage list and future growth areas you can take a look at the occupations list and see if your occupation comes under those list. Also you gotta prove that your work and education belongs to this skill shortage list and growth areas either through NZQA assessment or IPENZ if you are an engineer
    5. Partner's education must go through NZQA assessment to claim 20 points as well.

If you get all these, you have 145 points already right?

Aravind. I am from Singapore as well. Just got ITA for NZ work to residence.

Perhaps not bonus points for identified future growth area as explained in
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48022

Please see here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm SM6 has a chart of all possible points, and the other sections tell you the detailed requirements for claiming under each heading.

Auckland2016 is right that you can't have bonus points for future growth area AND absolute skills shortage - it's either/or.

It is possible to have experience in India counted, in some circumstances. See SM11.10 b, and SM11.10.1 b.

And if you qualify for bonus points under Absolute Skill Shortage, you can get bonus points for your work experience as well as for your qualification, which could be another 15.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks For your feedback..

I have been working in singapore for 6 plus years, before to that i was working in UK for 2 years, and prior to that working for US company in India for 2 years ( Total 10 Years).. As its stated in SM11.10 b and SM11.10.1 a & B that i can claim points for all of the above experience which will be 15 points.

Along with this i can claim 30 points for 10 years Experience in IT & 10 Points for qualification absolute skill shortage.

Please correct me i am wrong.

Neither mine nor my wife education are listed in exception list NZQA therefore i am going to send the document for IQA.

Thanks For your help again.

Mohan

That looks as if it will be correct, as long as your degree is assessed as a Level 7, and comparable with one of the NZ qualifications listed under the LTSSL box.http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/ You need to send in the form at Appendix B here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ifications.pdf to ask them to check specifically for comparability with one of those degrees.

Thanks JandM