Thread: CO Assignment!

Default CO Assignment!

I'm new to this forum. It was a roller coaster journey for me here in NZ. My first plan failed however I came up with plan B which is now to get my residency for Restaurant Manager with job offer and been working for them more than a year.

Timeline:

January 27 - EOI submitted

February 3 - Selected from the pool

February 29 - ITA received

March 15 - Immigration received all my docs

March 16 - My medical was retrieved from their system

Usually around what month would I have assignment of CO? I'm also worried coz heaps of people say that restaurant manager could not anymore get residency however my company supported heaps already and almost all approved. My boss is really into helping me get this one. He even told me that he knows what the immigration wants to hear from him. Could someone tell me if I have a big chance to be approved??

Thank you! so stressed out now

Applications which include restaurant manager roles continue to be heavily scrutinised by INZ. The key is whether there is a substansial match between your role and that on ANZSCO, but equally importantly if you are truly a manager, who "organises and controls the operation of the business?"

What's the heirachy in the business you work in? Who do you report do. Who makes the decisions like hiring and firing and what's on the menu? is it a café? is it a fast food establishment?

see here:
    https://forms.justice.govt.nz/search...214_202936.pdf

Currently case officers seem to being assigned onshore after 4-5 months from lodgement.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 18th April 2016 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Applications which include restaurant manager roles continue to be heavily scrutinised by INZ. The key is whether there is a substansial match between your role and that on ANZSCO, but equally importantly if you are truly a manager, who plans and controls the operation of a business?

What's the heirachy in the business you work in? Who do you report do. Who makes the decisions like hiring and firing and what's on the menu? is it a café? is it a fast food establishment?

see here:
    https://forms.justice.govt.nz/search...214_202936.pdf

Currently case officers seem to being assigned onshore after 4-5 months from lodgement.

I am the one who controls of the overall of the restaurant.
    I am the top most which was the one i submitted to the immigration (organisation chart) but of course I directly report to the owner who supported my application.
    I am the one deciding who to hire and train staff. He seldom goes to the restaurant. He just goes there to conduct audit which is every 6 months. Other than that all the transactions I am the one in charge.
    We have a signatures menu, standard menu and a manager's menu. All of it I could alter some ingredients depending on the request of the customer especially if they have any allergies to certain ingredients or due to their culture.
    They call us a Fast casual restaurant.

is it a franchise operation?

Nope! It is a company owned.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesking201lee View Post
    Nope! It is a company owned.
    then the key, as per the IPT decision, is that your owner is very much absentee and does not himself organise and control the business and that is left to you.
    There's not much you can do until the employment verification is undertaken by the
    CO when appointed.

oh yeah pretty much he is not in the restaurant. I do all the things in the restaurant.
    And since he supported heaps of staff in the past and almost everyone passed except one due to wrong job title. I am thinking that I might pass as well. But still thinking for the worst scenario so as not to feel so much depress.
    Also, my boss mentioned to me that he knows what the immigration wants to hear from him when the interview comes.

Hoping for the best!