Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing Times for Skilled Migration Category (SMC) in New Zealand

Thumbs up Processing Times for Skilled Migration Category (SMC) in New Zealand

Hello everyone! I got my resident visa last Thursday!

First of all I would like to thank this forum for all the information provided which helped me get through my immigration process.

I know that processing times in each case varies but I also know how it can help someone get through the process by comparing cases and getting an idea of what the process is like. This is the reason why I decided to share my processing times:

8th Jan - EOI submitted.

20th Jan - EOI Selected.

2nd Feb - ITA received.

3rd Feb - Documents Submitted. ( I was ready with all the documents )

5th Feb - Confirmation about documents submission received.

7th Apr - CO assigned and asked for Full Employment agreement.(Just received an email but no call. I called her up to get more information)

7th Apr - Employer got the email with all questionnaire (Make sure to inform your employer in advance about your visa application).

13th Apr - Employer received few extra questions(Not sure what they asked but my manager replied them back immediately. She mentioned those were not that tough).

14th Apr - Residency Approved.

By the way, I got my residence when Im still on my Job search Visa.

While coming from India in 2014, I have decided that my first visit to India would be with residency only because I was not sure about the student life, job search life etc. After coming here, I understood that getting residency is not that easy so I first need to concentrate on getting 2 years closed visa.

I had a plan of visiting India in month (I was not sure about Case Officer? or when my application would be processed?) But fortunately, CO was assigned and approved in a week

Now, I'm visiting India with my residency approved. So, my dream come true!!! \o/\o/\o/

I hope this processing information would help someone.

Wish you all the very best about your applications.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding visa application.

Cheers,
    ImLegend

Quote Originally Posted by ImLegend View Post
    Hello everyone! I got my resident visa last Thursday!

First of all I would like to thank this forum for all the information provided which helped me get through my immigration process.

I know that processing times in each case varies but I also know how it can help someone get through the process by comparing cases and getting an idea of what the process is like. This is the reason why I decided to share my processing times:

8th Jan - EOI submitted.

20th Jan - EOI Selected.

2nd Feb - ITA received.

3rd Feb - Documents Submitted. ( I was ready with all the documents )

5th Feb - Confirmation about documents submission received.

7th Apr - CO assigned and asked for Full Employment agreement.(Just received an email but no call. I called her up to get more information)

7th Apr - Employer got the email with all questionnaire (Make sure to inform your employer in advance about your visa application).

13th Apr - Employer received few extra questions(Not sure what they asked but my manager replied them back immediately. She mentioned those were not that tough).

14th Apr - Residency Approved.

By the way, I got my residence when Im still on my Job search Visa.

While coming from India in 2014, I have decided that my first visit to India would be with residency only because I was not sure about the student life, job search life etc. After coming here, I understood that getting residency is not that easy so I first need to concentrate on getting 2 years closed visa.

I had a plan of visiting India in month (I was not sure about Case Officer? or when my application would be processed?) But fortunately, CO was assigned and approved in a week

Now, I'm visiting India with my residency approved. So, my dream come true!!! \o/\o/\o/

I hope this processing information would help someone.

Wish you all the very best about your applications.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding visa application.

Cheers,
    ImLegend

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It was fast!

Congratulations! Which branch processed your application?
    I got online approved on 6th April but haven't received AIP letter. Start feeling impatient now.

Thanks buddy. My application was processed in Auckland Branch. My online status is still not approved (it is still showing "Decision Successful" that was changed when received my ITA lol) but received AIP on 14th April.

You can call your case officer for checking the processing time after submitting the documents.

All the best!!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesking201lee View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! It was fast!
    Thanks mate!

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by ezinir View Post
    Congrats

Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by ImLegend View Post
    Thanks buddy. My application was processed in Auckland Branch. My online status is still not approved (it is still showing "Decision Successful" that was changed when received my ITA lol) but received AIP on 14th April.

You can call your case officer for checking the processing time after submitting the documents.

All the best!!

Cheers!
    For me, online status shows APPROVED but no letter had been received.
    I email my CO today, no replies yet.
    It looks like Auckland Central processes much faster than Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    For me, online status shows APPROVED but no letter had been received.
    I email my CO today, no replies yet.
    It looks like Auckland Central processes much faster than Henderson.
    May be... But my CO was very sweet and spontaneous in responding my emails and calls.

Your application was process in Auckland Central Area??

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast