Thread: Employer demanding money for visa application

Default Employer demanding money for visa application

Hello,

A friend of mine is qualified for SMC and he is in the process of applying for a resident visa

Everything is going fine as he is a qualified professional with sufficient points

His employer received a questionnaire from INZ and he refused to complete the form, demanding an obscene amount of money as "deposit"

Is there anything my good friend can do against such ridiculousness?

Thanks everyone in advance...
    Last edited by peeka; 18th April 2016 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peeka View Post
    Hello,

A friend of mine is qualified for SMC and he is in the process of applying for a resident visa

Everything is going fine as he is a qualified professional with sufficient points

His employer received a questionnaire from INZ and he refused to complete the form, demanding an obscene amount of money as "deposit"

Is there anything my good friend can do against such ridiculousness?

Thanks everyone in advance...
    this is very very serious. On no account should an employer be paid for responding to questions from INZ. If your friend cant resolve the issue with the employer, then he should advise the case officer of what has occurred.

If the employer himself is a (former) migrant, he could faces penalties such as having his own residence revoked, if convicted of an offence of exploiting migrants.