Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICT Sales Professional Salary requirement for RV

Default ICT Sales Professional Salary requirement for RV

Hi there,

Currenlty, I am on work visa under ICT Sales Professional. ANZSCO Code: 225213 Skill Level 1

1. Job description matches exactly with ANZSCO. (almost all the points; Purely IT services and software sales)
    2. Employer full support for applying Resident Visa.
    3. I have PG Diploma in Computer Science from New Zealand University, Bachelor in Computer science from India and 2 years relevant job exp in same filed and from same/current company.

Query:

1. My salary is 37000 NZD Base Salary + Bonus and commission to uncapped = 46,250 NZD (40 Hours full time permanent Job offer)

I understand my base is low as because our company is small (7 members) but 11 years in the same business. Every one is NZ citizen or resident apart from me. As my job is a software/ IT sales hence forth bonus structure is provided.

Please advise: 1. will base salary be a issue for PR?
    2. Can I explain my bonus/ commission structure (which is clearly mention in employment contract) to INZ?
    3. What should I do?

Please response to my query Admin. Very urgent as I need to file EOI very soon.

From this page:http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ledemployment/
    for a position that is paid by salary or wages or in terms of a contract for service – payment by commission and/or retainer are not acceptable
    So only your base salary that counts. There is no guarantee that you will get to $46,250 NZD, as sale commission vary month by month.
    You can explain the salary structure (base + commission), but it is probably not meaningful. As they need to work on the basis of certainty.

You should probably ask as many people as possible about the salary for ICT sale rep position, those who got residency recently.

According to this source: http://www.careers.govt.nz/jobs-data...epresentative/
    And this source: http://www.trademe.co.nz/jobs/salary-guide/it.htm
    the market rate should be $45,000 which is $21.62 per hour. Your salary translates to $17.79 per hour.
    I could be wrong though, as I'm not really into IT industry.

Answered on other thread. And - you can try, of course. But 110k is right, and it will probably take some arguing. INZ are concerned about such situations, as much for the sake of the worker as anything - they want to be sure the employer is not exploiting him/her, expecting him/her to take a low salary just for the sake of getting residence.

Thank you JandM and 100K for your valuable opinion. I have consulted with few others (one got residency with 38,000 NZD + bonus). He also mentioned most of the website showing 45,000 NZD to 110,000 NZD are over all salary figures i.e base + commission.

I understand that it will require some argument. My position is genuine and so are my job responsibilities. I also have full employer support as because I gained this position through internship, then 20 hour contract, following 32 hour contract and then finally permanent position with this salary figure (after 2 years).

As mentioned earlier that my company is small (6 + 1 members) but stable (11 years in business). And I solely operate the software sales; only ICT sales person in the company. Rest are consultants and an accountant.

Do you think I should get a lawyer?

Got my Resident Visa Approved !!

Time Line:

EOI Submitted: April 27th
    ITA Received: May 13th
    ITA Submitted: May 31st
    ITA Received by INZ: June 02nd

Residency Approved and AIP letter received on June 22nd.

Please Note: My employer is not contacted by INZ nor they send questionnaire to him via email. I guess they were very satisfied with my documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by SM334 View Post
    Got my Resident Visa Approved !!

Time Line:

EOI Submitted: April 27th
    ITA Received: May 13th
    ITA Submitted: May 31st
    ITA Received by INZ: June 02nd

Residency Approved and AIP letter received on June 22nd.

Please Note: My employer is not contacted by INZ nor they send questionnaire to him via email. I guess they were very satisfied with my documentation.
    Congratulations! thats quick..may i ask which branch was processing you application?

Hamilton One

@SM334

Wow thats very fast. Auckland Central Sucks.

Congratulations! that was soo quick!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeeh that's awesome mate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast