Thread: AIP Visa activation

Default AIP Visa activation

Hi,
    My application is in progress. I have plan to NZ as tourist visa as scheduled plan with all the bookings made already.
    Meanwhile if my AIP approved, I have to wait for AIP sticker or I can travel my touriest visa. what is the impact

Thanks

I think you may face some tough questioning at Immigration upon arrival in NZ, as a visitor from a visa waiver country with an application for Residence under SMC in - that fact would show up as soon as your passport was scanned. (There's no such thing as an AIP visa. You've got your letters mixed up!)

The point is that Immigration are on the watch for people who are the likeliest to overstay a visitor's visa. By definition, a visitor is intending to be there for a short time, then leave again to take up their life elsewhere, whereas a person who has applied for Residence has shown a wish to go to NZ to stay, and Immigration will be on their guard to check whether this person might mean to drop out of sight once onshore. They might think you are trying to pre-empt a decision on your Residence application. If you go on this holiday, you will need very convincing evidence of a home and job waiting for you back in Singapore - you could be refused entry if they are doubtful about you.

There is the 'look, see and decide' reason for a visit http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...20June2014.pdf, which is recognized as a legitimate reason, and which you will need to enter on your card on the aeroplane. But it probably won't spare you a serious questioning, at the very least.