Thread: SMC application query - Bonus points mistake in EOI

Default SMC application query - Bonus points mistake in EOI

Hello everyone,

I submitted my EOI received ITA recently. The scenario: Original Points Claimed - 170

I claimed bonus for qualification (NZ gained) and employment in a future growth area. Now I have realised that it might complicate things a little bit as my employment may not come under the future growth area category. So, I don't want to claim those points anymore. I will still be able to support my claim for 150 points (without the bonus points). My question is: can I mention that in my personalised application using the amendments section? This means that I may have to slightly change my answer to the question that asks for an explanation of how my job is skilled and how my qualification is related to my employment. Will changing answers on the application form have a negative impact on the application? Or should I submit a fresh EOI and proceed further? All suggestions welcome. Thank you all.

Cheers
    Mowgli

Can anyone please suggest? Thanks

You can alter the ITA from what you put on your EOI if you wish. It should not have any bad effect as long as you are CERTAIN that you don't need the extra points you will be denying yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    My question is: can I mention that in my personalised application using the amendments section? Mowgli
    I would say YES you can. Just explain why you do not want to claim it anymore, for example if you misunderstood something.

Thanks JandM and Eco. Really appreciate your help. Cheers

Hello

I am in a quite similar position: I claimed 205 points in EOI and got an ITA last week but I believe I made a mistake by claiming 10 bonus points for a qualification in an “area of absolute skills shortage” because I don't have the work experience after qualification required in fourth column here.

I am still over the selection threshold with 195 points so do you still think I can fill the amendment section of ITA explaining I am not claiming these points anymore or is it safer to submit a new EOI? Has somebody an experience to share? Mowgli?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
    Last edited by Zedge; 26th April 2017 at 10:41 AM.

do you still think I can fill the amendment section of ITA explaining I am not claiming these points anymore
    Absolutely all right to do this.

Thanks JanM for the quick answer

I will post my return here once I have submitted my application.

Got CO assigned this week and it looks like it was perfectly fine to fill the amendment section of ITA explaining I am not claiming these points anymore