Thread: Medical Waiver

Default Medical Waiver

I am the principal applicant and my partner's medical had been forwarded onto a medical assessor. The medical assessor has now determined that my partner does not have an acceptable standard of health.

The condition he has is listed in the immigration instructions. I did not claim any points for him and understand that by withdrawing him from my current residency application, he will not be able to receive a medical waiver in any application we would submit later on.

What are the chances of him getting a medical waiver if i agree with my case officer to go ahead with the medical waiver process ? We do not have any other close family in New Zealand and my partner does not have a qualification. How easily does medical waivers get granted ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpetals View Post
    I am the principal applicant and my partner's medical had been forwarded onto a medical assessor. The medical assessor has now determined that my partner does not have an acceptable standard of health.

The condition he has is listed in the immigration instructions. I did not claim any points for him and understand that by withdrawing him from my current residency application, he will not be able to receive a medical waiver in any application we would submit later on.

What are the chances of him getting a medical waiver if i agree with my case officer to go ahead with the medical waiver process ? We do not have any other close family in New Zealand and my partner does not have a qualification. How easily does medical waivers get granted ?

Thanks.
    That's a complex question, with much detail required. I'll PM you shortly