Thread: Permanent residence with indefinite stay

Default Permanent residence with indefinite stay

I arrive NZ last year Jan 2015 under my husband working visa but subsequently he not working. I then apply under skill working visa(I think) with my new employer from Nov 2015 and received 5 yrs working visa. I am a professional.

What could I do to get a permanent indefinite residency visa?
    If not mistaken I heard that I have to
    1. apply EOI, and have to stay here for at least two years first
    2 then only could apply again for permanent residency.

Would the immigration could my stay in NZ from Jan 2015 or from the day I applied for my own working visa Nov 2015?

If my husband and kids have to stay in NZ too to entitle for permanent indefinite visa?

Appreciate suggestions how to apply for permanent residency with indefinite stay?
    My understanding of permanent indefinite stay in NZ is I could then choose to stay any length of duration in NZ as I like could be just 3 months in a year. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks

To get Residence, you have to apply under the SKilled Migrant Category, meeting all the conditions. And yes, the first stage of this is putting in an EOI. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...migrant/apply/ There is a lengthy verification process, so you may well not be granted Residence until a year or more after you first put in your EOI.

When you have held Residence for at least two years, you can apply for Permanent Residence, if you meet the conditions. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm And no, your time on other visas before you held Residence does not count towards this two years. It is only the main applicant who has to fulfil the conditions, so if you get PR, so will your husband and children, even if they are elsewhere.

After you gain PR, you have the right to come and go from NZ whenever you like.