Thread: Change Employment

Default Change Employment

Hi,
    After I submitted my ITA, I have changed my job; also have interview after couple weeks. is it impact the interviw

Thanks

If any new job is within the same skilled career, it will not have any adverse effect.

Thanks JandM

Quote Originally Posted by ezinir View Post
    Thanks JandM
    Hi, i have just submitted ITA last week. I am considering a new job offer though. I am wondering what the requirements are for this and how I notify my current employer? Thanks

I meant is how do I notify immigration about this possible case? On the letter they say they say I may need to send new job offer and job description. Im wondering whats the requirement foe the new employer? Thanks

You will need to change your existing work visa if you change jobs, either to vary the conditions or get a new one, depending on the exact circumstances. See the INZ website for requirements for the employer in either case. They are like when you applied for your first work visa. As far as the SMC application is concerned, you would have to send in your job offer, including contract and all the small print, and the new job would be checked out to see that it meets the conditions for points in the same way your previous job did.

Thanks Jan, that's what I thought too. I have just submitted ITA but I bet it hasn't been processed yet so all my papers are now with them. Do they process both (ITA and work visa variation) or do I cancel my ITA application and prioritize first work visa?

Thanks heaps.

If you want to accept the new job, you have to see about getting a new work visa or changing the conditions on your present one, as appropriate (which a totally separate issue from your Residence application), applying to your local branch of INZ. Once you have checked that you can be issued the new visa or variation of conditions, and have accepted the new job, then you tell INZ all the details so they can check it out for the purposes of SMC.

No, you don't cancel the ITA. That will keep on being processed in the background.