Thread: Silver Fern Enquiries

Default Silver Fern Enquiries

Dear Team

Its a privilege to participate on this forum,it is very enriching to read all the information shared on this platform.My silver fern related queries are as follows:

1) Kindly advise on how exactly(format) I am required to show the minimum of NZ$4200 as funds to meet living costs in NZ when applying for Silver Fern visa? How many months bank statement does INZ require as proof? Is it on a cash strictly basis or asset equivalent can be considered?

2) If I have already got accommodation arrangements in NZ beforehand,will the amount remain pegged at NZ$4200 or there are adjustments possible?

3)If I submit all the necessary silver fern visa requirements in November what is the average processing time frame to be granted the actual visa using previous trends?

Regards

Brian

1) Pretty sure this is cash only. I'm not sure about the number of months - mine was one month but it was clear that the amount wasn't acquired in the last month (I just had a small amount added on the whole month).
    2) I'd say this is still 4200, the application is too basic for them to investigate all the other proof.
    3) Mine was just over a month and took long compared to others. London branch.

Answering this even it's been so long this thread has been updated.

INZ updated their website in June and they have now listed the following as accepted evidence of funds:

After you apply online, we may ask for evidence you have at least NZ $4,200 to live on. Evidence may include:

bank statements
    credit card statements
    bank drafts
    travellers’ cheques.

So not just cash.

Hopefully this would be helpful to those who are Googling...