Thread: Work experience verification letter from current employer (USA company)

Default Work experience verification letter from current employer (USA company)

Dear all guys:

I am writing to sincerely ask for help on the best way to get my current work experience verification letter from current employer.

I am originally from China and now is waiting for my US green card on my H1B visa (will take 3 years...and can't wait).

I am applying my Skilled Migrant to NZ and expect ITA soon. However, when I am preparing my work experience verification letter, I am very concerned that if my current employer knows that I am applying to immigrate to NZ, I may lose my job and can't keep legal status in US...
    can I just submit paystubs (1st and the last) and all tax reports?

could anyone who has experience help me on this urgent issue?

Thanks a bunch!

Hi OwenAlly,

If you EOI is selected and them you ITA is approved is possible that the case offer calls the company to verify if that experience is real or not.

What I trying to explain you, is that one way or other the company could be call for the CEO.

I think you should ask for the letter, and no extra explanation to your current employer. If they ask, just tell the true... that you are applying for a visa to NZ (not need to explain what type of visa!)

Best of luck...

Yessica

Yessica:

Thank you so much for you response.

My points is 145 so will be selected automatically this coming weekend.

Unfortunately It is gonna be really risky to do that for me as my employer could let me go for any reason and I don't choose to do it...

I found on this forum that somebody provided paystubs, job contract and tax info to sufficiently prove the work experience and his company never know what he is doing..
    This sounds like something I am planning to do.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenAlly View Post
    Yessica:

Thank you so much for you response.

My points is 145 so will be selected automatically this coming weekend.

Unfortunately It is gonna be really risky to do that for me as my employer could let me go for any reason and I don't choose to do it...

I found on this forum that somebody provided paystubs, job contract and tax info to sufficiently prove the work experience and his company never know what he is doing..
    This sounds like something I am planning to do.

I am not 100% sure but those who are providing the payslips, job contracts and tax info are most likely already in NZ and in the process of applying for a resident visa. They need to prove that they are in a skilled job or something.

As for you, what you need to do is to provide the original (or certified) copy of your appointment/job offer letter, payslips and a letter stating your job description and working hour (full/part-time), working period (from mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy) to prove you really work/worked in that company. I guess for JD and working hours, it is always stated if not, comes as an attachment together with the appointment/offer letter at the time when you are offered a job in U.S.

We faced similar dilemma. Before our interview, our CO emailed us asking for employer contact details. We explained to our CO at the interview that it will be very difficult if our employer found out that we are planning to emigrate. Our CO was very understanding about the sensitivity of this matter and accepted our employment letter, promotion letter and tax records as employment evidences. We got our residence visas without the company finding out our plan! It really depends on your CO.

Quote Originally Posted by soonkoh View Post
    I am not 100% sure but those who are providing the payslips, job contracts and tax info are most likely already in NZ and in the process of applying for a resident visa. They need to prove that they are in a skilled job or something.

As for you, what you need to do is to provide the original (or certified) copy of your appointment/job offer letter, payslips and a letter stating your job description and working hour (full/part-time), working period (from mm/dd/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy) to prove you really work/worked in that company. I guess for JD and working hours, it is always stated if not, comes as an attachment together with the appointment/offer letter at the time when you are offered a job in U.S.
    Thanks Soonkoh.

I am looking around for my offer letter right now to check that...but I remember there are info as what you said.

Hi Auckland 2016:

Aha you have 145 points w/o jobs just like me.

You information is so important to me to move forward!!

I believe Immigration officers understand our concern that we don't want to bother our employer to stir the water. But as you say it depends on CO, does it mean some COs have insisted on contacting employer themselves or what?

Thanks!

One thing I forgot to mention, our CO looked into our LinkedIn profile. Not sure if it was before or after the interview. Our LinkedIn profile has lots of connections with other people working in the same company.

Well. That is very interesting. Fortunately my boss is not on LinkedIn...BTW, I just found on the website theworknumber.com, you can download your employment verification in details like hours, pay stub and position.

I am gonna use this one plus a printed work profile from our company's personal page.