Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chef Or Cook Work Visa options

Highly skilled occupations

Highly-skilled occupations are defined as those at skill levels 1-2 on the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO). Highly-skilled occupations include managers and professionals. If you have a vacancy at these skill levels, you do not need to use the Skills Hub, but it may be able to help you with your recruitment.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/emplo...loymenthub.htm Chef is Level 2, as well as being on the LTSSL. That quote is talking to the boss, though, not the employee.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/emplo...loymenthub.htm Chef is Level 2, as well as being on the LTSSL. That quote is talking to the boss, though, not the employee.
    Harry, I don't see that your employer has any option other than to engage with the Hub, if he wants to employ you.

Your role can only be considered that of "cook" since you don't have a level 5 qualification, nor three years of experience, after your level 4 qualification.
    Cooks are skill level 3 and engagement with the Hub is required.
    The employer would need to state that they are looking for a person with a level 4 qualification only.

You'll need to build up 3 years of experience, or undertake the level 5 qualification before you could lodge an EOI

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Harry, I don't see that your employer has any option other than to engage with the Hub, if he wants to employ you.

Your role can only be considered that of "cook" since you don't have a level 5 qualification, nor three years of experience, after your level 4 qualification.
    Cooks are skill level 3 and engagement with the Hub is required.
    The employer would need to state that they are looking for a person with a level 4 qualification only.

You'll need to build up 3 years of experience, or undertake the level 5 qualification before you could lodge an EOI
    This was the reason why I was saying I can`t be a chef. The job title does matter.
    What`s with building up 3 years of experience and no I do not have money for Level 5. I have been through shit for last 6 years and I was fortunate enough to get hold of Paul Arram. We talked on the phone and exchanged emails when I had to apply for student visa again thanks to my previous boss.

Paul told me he can not give me a visa but he said next time I apply for any visa just tell the case officer everything.
    And with the EOI If I get past the stage of getting a work visa sorted I will lodge an EOI with my 145 points.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123