Hello everybody. I need all the help you guys can provide please.

1. Studying In Christchurch Chef Training Level 4.
2. Working In a Pub I am the sole Incharge of their Kitchen. I order food,stock take,Cooking and planning menus.
3. I have been in the country for about 6 years and I studied before In Auckland a Level 7 Course.
4. I will have exactly one month to lodge my work visa application once my study finishes.
5. I have worked In NZ for about 4 years but that experience does not match with my current job profile.

Now my question to all you lovely people is what shall I apply as a Chef or a Cook ?
If We go to skills shortage list checker page and type in Cook one of the options that show up are Tavern Cook which is under the list of skilled occupations but the only visa option it has is the Skilled Migrant Category. I looked up Into that and it says that your job should be registered or something like that to apply in skilled category

And secondly if we search Chef in that list it shows up both in skilled and long term skill shortage list.
Also if you guys can provide some info on the Canterbury Hub stuff. Do we have to do this in my case ?

Can I apply for a work Visa and then apply for residency from my current work if yes what work visa option shall I take please.

Thanks