Thread: Opening Bank Account

Default Opening Bank Account

If my residence approved, Can i open a bank acccount (New Zealand Banks) from Singapore, i mean before come to New Zealand

thanks

You should be able to start the process of opening a bank account from (almost) anywhere. But you won't be able to activate the account until to get to New Zealand.

That's how I did it when I moved here... started the process and transferred some funds (using a third party) while still in London... then presented myself at the bank in Auckland to activate it and also order a debit card.

I'll notice I've deliberately not mentioned the name of the bank, that's because the above to true for most of them.

Good luck.

Thanks rogercruse

Yeah, I looked into this a few days ago and appeared easy to open an account from overseas. I'll be coming to NZ as a student, but even for students it appeared easy. I'll be sending most of my $ over to NZ this way, I presume.

Although you can't activate your account from overseas you are still able to pay money into it. Once you get to NZ you will have to identify yourself at a branch, take in your passport etc. and then you'll be able to access any money you've already got in there.

Thanks, rogercruse
    I have same question too.
    In hong kong, some international bank can open and activate the NZ account even I am still in Hong Kong.