Thread: EOI with 130 points only : what can be done to get more points ? Senior forum members please advice !

Default EOI with 130 points only : what can be done to get more points ? Senior forum members please advice !

Hello Seniors,

I have submitted my EOI last friday and my maximum points were 130, Today there was a draw and of course no ITA as my points are 130. Please advice what can be done to bump my score.
    Any information is highly appreciated !

Thank you !

Hi Trackit,

I am not Senior... but I am happy share what I know...

are you applying with job offer? onshore? offshore? Can you claim partner points? How long have you been waiting?

There is not a secret formula to get extra points... usually people will get less points after ITA.

The are some factor that will help your EOI to be selected... a job offer is really important, not only for the extra points but because you are in a special group... You will have priority!

Maybe some seniors... will need extra information from you...

Quote Originally Posted by YessicaCBO View Post
    ... usually people will get less points after ITA.
    I wouldn't be surprised by this at all, as I imagine it's natural for most people to be optimistic and perhaps give themselves the benefit of the doubt when doing the EOI.

I agree with what Yessica's said above based on impressions, that there's no magic way to get more points. You just need to fulfill the criteria.

Myself, I've tried interpreting the criteria in different ways and checking my points again and again, with a variety of results, but at best always below 140. At any rate, it won't matter because my plan has been to go to NZ to study initially and once I found that SMC visas are not awarded for people who got to study in NZ then that wasn't an option.

Have you added your partner in? Does s/he have a bachelor degree (needs to be assessed by NZQA if not in the exempted list) which can add 20 points more to the total point required?