Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New CO allocated on SMC application

Default New CO allocated on SMC application

Hi everyone
    After interview and all sort of verifaction I got new case officer. its 4 weeks but I haven't heard any good news yet.fingre crossed .waiting for approval Status eagerly ☺️☺️anyone knows how long new CO will take to finalise application in Auckland central branch because old CO almost done all sort of verifaction like employer question,ird ,interview and all.today I emailed her but she said my file still being assessed very confused don't know what going on.she gonna start verify my application again or she will make decision straight away please share your experience here thanks

Everything done by the old CO will be on record, so don't worry, the new CO is picking up from whatever point the old CO reached. Just because the other things that you know about had been done doesn't mean to say that ALL the answers had come back, and the new CO can't come to a conclusion until every single point has been ticked off as verified. Verification normally means that some other person is asked to state that some document is genuine, or some fact you have said is true, so timing depends on how quickly they answer what INZ is asking - it's beyond the CO's control. Processing a case takes as long as it takes, and there is a lot of waiting while you don't know what is going on, for everybody.

Hi Dadwalraj.

Why was your CO changed? I have a similar timeline to yours. And application is being processed in the Auckland Central Branch. No response since December. I had no interview.

Eoi selected: 16th Sept 2015
    ITA lodged: 12th Nov 2015
    CO assigned/requested more docs/questionnaire sent to employer: 15th Dec 2015
    More docs submitted/employer responded: 6th Jan 2016

Not sure but I think my previous co resigned.

Thanks JandM

I don't know what's going on with my application. It's more than a month time when I had a interview but still no response from my new case officer from auckand branch.fingre crossed.please share your experience if anyone had the same situation Thanks

Hi
    Any update ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwalraj View Post
    I don't know what's going on with my application. It's more than a month time when I had a interview but still no response from my new case officer from auckand branch.fingre crossed.please share your experience if anyone had the same situation Thanks
    This is normal. Although the CO will make up his/her mind quite quickly after the interview what outcome s/he should recommend for your case, s/he then has to refer the file for second-person checking. This is when another INZ official looks over the whole file for any possible mistakes or anything missing. The file will join a date-order queue of files from all the COs in that office. How long the wait will be for attention depends on the number of applications passing through that office just before yours, but it's normal to have to wait. The 2pc officials will be getting through things as fast as they can, but meanwhile, there is nothing anybody can tell you. As soon as there is any news, you WILL be told.

same has happened with me. My CO left in feb-16. and March-16 new CO contacted and asked one document. 4-Apr-16 I provided him required document, until now he is not replying not even replying to my Email.

Should I call him?

The new CO will be doing like they all do - working their cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Your reply will have gone to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see it until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. INZ officials' job focus is to process cases - they are not meant to send 'empty' emails (e.g. 'Dear Mr Applicant, I have not yet had a reply from your university so I have not been able to do anything new with your case, and it is waiting in the queue') as this takes up time when they should be working something that HAS arrived and CAN move someone's situation on. Therefore, quite often, you don't hear anything for some long time (and it always SEEMS long to the person waiting).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast