Thread: Work visa help??

Default Work visa help??

Hi everyone,

I have some dilemma here. My current work visa is soon to be expired on 30th of June and now I have some dilemma which work visa I can choose? First of all my occupation is a Chef and listed on LTSSL, I also have Cookery degree level 5 from NZ institute (Diploma in Advanced Cookery - Level 5) and I have been already working for 4.5 years in NZ and 2 years as a Chef in overseas. I kept all my payslip, contract and some Reference letter (Overseas job included).

Now from my experience last year I take essential skills work visa and have to go length especially with my employer have to provide job market research (advertising, work and income market test, etc). And now I found new employer who willing to give me job offer as a Chef but he doesn't seem want to take a lots of work for market research. I really like my "hopefully" soon to be my new job because its cafe style and I only working day time as opposed my current job in normal restaurant (from lunch to dinner service). This is really special for me because working in Hospitality full day from afternoon to evening its quite taken a toll on my personal/social lifestyle so my new job offer is really a breath of fresh air for me as I can have free time on evening and able to socialize with my "normal" 9-5 friends and participate in many social gathering/events and spend more time with my partner too.

So my questions are, am I eligible to use Work to Residence Visa - Long Term Skill Shortage List. As my occupation are listed and I fully meet the requirements.

"Chef (351311) One of the following qualifications:
    - New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (NZQF Level 4)
    - National Certificate in Hospitality (Cookery) (NZQF Level 4)
    - New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (NZQF Level 5) (Relevant strand is Cookery)
    AND
    a minimum of five years' combined experience in establishments offering a la carte/banqueting or commercial catering, with a minimum of two years at Chef de Partie (Section Leader level or higher)"

I have the required qualifications and the minimum amount of experiences. So if I want to apply new work visa with my new employer should I tick the Work to Residence one?
    what are my employer have to provide me?
    From the information I gathered, do I only need a Full Time Job contract with stating minimum of 30 Hours and Chef job description along with completed employer supplementary form from my future employer. Its that all?
    Can my previous contract/payslip and reference letter from my previous employer count as a evidence of work experience?
    And how long its usually takes for WTR-LTSSL visa to be processed?
    My new job offer is a bit lower in term of salary from my current job, but same position as a Chef. Would that be a problem?
    Should I apply for Variations of Conditions first so I can starting working there? I really can't wait to start working day time and I know my partner would be very happy as we both have more time to spend together
    And if I being granted a WTR, can I apply for EOI and SMC right away as soon as I save enough money for the fee or I have to wait until 2 years from WTR?

Thank you, and sorry if I have quite a lots of questions.

I have the required qualifications and the minimum amount of experiences. So if I want to apply new work visa with my new employer should I tick the Work to Residence one?
    Yes, you can do that.
    what are my employer have to provide me?
    From the information I gathered, do I only need a Full Time Job contract with stating minimum of 30 Hours and Chef job description along with completed employer supplementary form from my future employer. Its that all?
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...e/howdoiapply/ That looks right. He shouldn't need to do Labour Market Test because Chef is an LTSSL job, but it CAN crop up.
    Can my previous contract/payslip and reference letter from my previous employer count as a evidence of work experience?
    Yes, but INZ will probably contact the people to verify this anyway. You have to provide evidence of start date, finish date, full listing of responsibilities, salary, and that you were full-time (which means at least 30 hours per week).
    And how long its usually takes for WTR-LTSSL visa to be processed?
    It's not specifically mentioned here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/ but it's normally one of the quicker ones.
    My new job offer is a bit lower in term of salary from my current job, but same position as a Chef. Would that be a problem?
    It shouldn't be a problem as long as it is not below the normal salary for the position in your area.
    Should I apply for Variations of Conditions first so I can starting working there?
    If you do this, it could involve your employer in having to provide information to INZ - but he may have to do that in any case for ANY visa for you.
    And if I being granted a WTR, can I apply for EOI and SMC right away as soon as I save enough money for the fee or I have to wait until 2 years from WTR?
    You can put in your EOI to apply for Residence under SMC as soon as you like. When on WTR, you only have to wait two years if you are going to follow on with the process of getting residence by apply under the Residence From Work system. But while in a skilled job in NZ, you can choose to ignore RFW completely, and go straight for SMC.

I'd suggest that since you have the required level 5 qualification and a job offer as a chef, that you proceed with lodging an EOI immediately. You'll need to be sure that your job offer substantially matches that described on ANZSCO for chef.
    Once you EOI is selected you can apply for work visa 9essential skills) without having to worry about labour market testing.

If you job is as a "cook", then it seems you also have the required 3 years of experience and qualification.

Ok thank you for the suggestions. And also how long usually it takes to lodge an EOI?? Thanks

It might take you 40 minutes to input an EOI , if you have the required information at hand. They are selected every two weeks, the next selection being at 1.00pm NZ Time on Wednesday 11 May.