Thread: Case Officer

Default Case Officer

I was allocated a case officer just today, my agent told me. But I wonder why my employer haven't received any questions yet?? it is usually on the same day right?

Also my application is in Henderson Branch. it was fast I submitted all my documents last March 15, 2015 and now I have Case officer. But few problem with my partner's National security form.

it is usually on the same day right?
    No, not correct.

When your case is allocated to a Case Officer, the file goes to his/her queue of cases to work. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. So your CO won't look at your file till it works its way to the front of the queue and it is its turn for his/her attention.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No, not correct.

When your case is allocated to a Case Officer, the file goes to his/her queue of cases to work. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. So your CO won't look at your file till it works its way to the front of the queue and it is its turn for his/her attention.
    Oh i see. I understand it now. But it is weird coz how he noticed that there were gaps on the dates on my partner's national security form if we were just allocated to him?? I guess it was just random scanning of docs.

A clerk usually looks over the documents submitted with an application, and signals if there are apparently things missing to support what has been claimed. It doesn't have to be a CO to do that check.