Thread: Can't afford fee!!

Default Can't afford fee!!

Hi I am in a very sticky situation and don't know what to do! My current visa expires the 23d and I have not been able to save for my residency visa fee. I have been in nz for three years now, married to a nz citizen we have a 10m old boy and I am 6 months pregnant. I don't know what to do, i haven't been able to work due to looking after our son, my husband only makes enough for day to day living, our credit card is already over limit so that's not an option. Pls help anyone know what to do??

The only thing you can do is find any possible way to come up with the money, its not like INZ have payment options for visa application fees, (as far as I am aware).
    One thing you may want to consider is ringing some immigration advisors, ask them to take care of you application if they have payment plans, but you would still need a decent deposit i would say.

Also did you know that when your visa expires you would be liable for deportation even if you have a residency application lodged? there is no intern visa for residency, how ever if you apply for another work visa (which would also be much cheaper) you will be granted an intern visa and be aloud to stay in NZ lawfully.

Thank you for your reply! I rang up immigrations and asked them what my options were since I had no idea that interim visas didn't apply for pending residence applications. I will apply for another work visa it is my only option at the moment, at least it will give me enough time to come up with the money for my residency and I will get an interim visa while that application is pending if my current visa expires.

No problem, that's how I would be doing things if I were you. I really think it should be more clear that interim visas are not available for residency applications, I have seen a few people left in some very stressful situations after not realizing this until its to almost to late.