Thread: "Refer to NZQA for assessment" on NZQA Exemption List

Default "Refer to NZQA for assessment" on NZQA Exemption List

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused here. May I know what Refer to NZQA for assessment means?

I graduated from a university which was included in the exempted list of NZQA for assessment with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering degree but I'm now confused if I would need NZQA assessment because of the "Refer to NZQA for assessment" phrase on the list.

Can anyone please help? Thanks a bunch!

Miah

NZQA.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by miah View Post
    Hi All,

I'm a bit confused here. May I know what Refer to NZQA for assessment means?

I graduated from a university which was included in the exempted list of NZQA for assessment with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering degree but I'm now confused if I would need NZQA assessment because of the "Refer to NZQA for assessment" phrase on the list.

Can anyone please help? Thanks a bunch!

Miah

NZQA.JPG
    Call them for clarification http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/about-us/contact-us/. My feeling is that it is very likely that you will need to submit it for IQA assessment.

Simply, if you have a Bachelor of Science in (Civil) Engineering, from a Phillipines University it is not on the list and you will need an IQA.

Thanks, soonkoh, ChrisMwn,

I graduated with Bachelor of Science in (Civil) Engineering from the University of the Philippines - Los Baņos. University of the Philippines - Los Baņos is in the exempt list.

I'm just confused now if I would still need IQA assessment for my degree because it only states "Refer...". Though I also have a hunch that what soonkoh says may be right that I may need IQA assessment too.

I just don't know anyone who have gone through the same situation encountering a "Refer to NZQA for assessment" on their degree while graduated from a university in the exempted list.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by miah View Post
    Thanks, soonkoh, ChrisMwn,

I graduated with Bachelor of Science in (Civil) Engineering from the University of the Philippines - Los Baņos. University of the Philippines - Los Baņos is in the exempt list.

I'm just confused now if I would still need IQA assessment for my degree because it only states "Refer...". Though I also have a hunch that what soonkoh says may be right that I may need IQA assessment too.

I just don't know anyone who have gone through the same situation encountering a "Refer to NZQA for assessment" on their degree while graduated from a university in the exempted list.

Regards
    Your university may be on the list, but your bachelor degree is not. That is why it says refer to NZQA. In other words IQA is required.

You're asking a language/vocabulary question here. You can be assured by native English speakers who are used to looking at these official lists that 'refer to NZQA' DOES mean that you have to get an IQA. See meaning number 3, here http://www.dictionary.com/browse/refer: "to hand over or submit for information, consideration, decision, etc." (my bolding).

Ok. I'll then proceed with the IQA process.

Many thanks JandM and ChrisMwn!