Thread: Work Experience Query

Default Work Experience Query

Hie All,

I urgently need advice before lodging my EOI (no job offer).Here's a brief narrative:

My former company's HR department issued me with a work reference letter confirming details about (start date,end date,full time work status,hours worked,designation) but without mention of responsibilities /duties.When I approached HR with this issue I faced a lot of reluctance and bureaucracy regards outlining and syncing duties from the HR personnel in the different departments I worked.

My questions are as follows:

1)Is it permissible by INZ to get my previous line manager in this organisation to write an attestation or letter of my duties/responsibilities to accompany the general work reference letter which I already received from HR?

2)Does this letter have to be on company letterhead(company policy is restrictive on non HR personnel letter head use ) or on plain A4 but showing all the contact details of line manager?

3)When filling my EOI on the Contact Name/Email part section in work experience,can I put my line managers details?

4)When I receive my ITA and the CO does their work verification,whom do they contact exactly?

5)Will it be the line manager whose details I entered on the EOI with corresponding letter or the HR contact person on the work reference letter? Or its discretionary?

Can you kindly share your experiences and knowledge on the subject

Regards

Brian

1) Many people have done this.

2) They can use plain paper, but need to state their position with the company - that is, explain how come they are in a position to testify as to your work.

3) Yes.

4) Whoever can verify each piece of evidence. So if you, in effect, give two pieces of evidence about different aspects of the job, they will probably find it necessary to contact the people who originated each one.

5) It's up to the CO.

Much appreciated JandM. You do a great service for forum members.keep it up