Thread: Police Record Questions Uk/Australia

Default Police Record Questions Uk/Australia

Hi I'm currently on a working holiday visa first year which is up on 14th July but me and my partner (NZ) have decided to apply for the 12 month partner work visa (we would have been together less than 12 months, our year anniversary is August, have been living together since November).

I have a few questions about the Police Records as I'm going to be requesting those this weekend. How long did it take everyone to get your UK Police records? And just wanting to check that I can pay for it on my NZ card and don't need to somehow transfer the money to a UK account to pay for it? There's nothing on my UK records which is good but a bit annoying as it is quite expensive to get done!

Now I notice on the form that you also need Police Records for any Country that you have lived in for more than 12 months. I was previously in Australia on a years working holiday visa, my passport got stolen towards the end of that visa and I was granted a 6-8 week visitor visa in order to wait for my new passport to arrive from England. I just want to check that this would mean that I do need to request my Police Record from Australia also? Probably wouldn't be a bad thing anyway as it should show that I reported my passport stolen and show the incident number (although I have this written down as well)

With regards to the stolen passport on the visa form and it asks for the current passport and previous/expired passports do I need to put down the details of the passport that was stolen as well? I have the details for it still as I kept my information from my Australian visa, just obviously the expiry date I put down with it would show that it's still "in date" and might be confusing? But I guess I could write a note and attach explaining?

I'm sure I will have many other questions in the coming month about filling the form out

Yes, you can pay with your credit card.

Yes, you will need to get a police check for Australia as well.

Yes, you should give all the details for your passport and explain.

This https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Ce...ates_FAQs.aspx looks like a fairly useful set of FAQ.

Hi Elmiee

I had to get a UK Police Clearance recently when sponsoring my partner to come to NZ. I am a NZ citizen, residing in NZ and I used a NZ credit card to pay, no problems.

It takes a little bit of time to complete the online application form. But processing is quick, I got my UK PC in less than two weeks (sent from UK to NZ). It was actually quicker getting the UK PC than it was getting the NZ PC.

The only challenging part was remembering all of my addresses from the past ten years, without gaps, which was required for the UK PC application.

Good luck