Thread: Australia Degree - need to prove it was taught in English?

Default Australia Degree - need to prove it was taught in English?

I am the principal applicant and my partner is included in my SMC application. He got his degree from one of the universities in Australia and it is a recognised qualification (e.g. doesn't need to go through NZQA assessment).

I have selected 'studied in a course taught in English' for his English requirement in the SMC application. Now, does he need to prove that his degree was taught in English language since it was obtained in Australia? We are planning to include the university offer letter, transcripts which are in English in our ITA. Would it suffice? Do we need any other document to prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by soonkoh View Post
    He got his degree from one of the universities in Australia and it is a recognised qualification (e.g. doesn't need to go through NZQA assessment?
    Yes he will need go through NZQA assessment...

I did a Master degree in Australia... and the outcome was "general".. not specific. In some cases, courses are longer in NZ...

Quote Originally Posted by soonkoh View Post
    We are planning to include the university offer letter, transcripts which are in English in our ITA.
    Yes... and original award certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by YessicaCBO View Post
    Yes he will need go through NZQA assessment...

I did a Master degree in Australia... and the outcome was "general".. not specific. In some cases, courses are longer in NZ...

Yes... and original award certificate.

He doesn't need to because the degree is listed here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm

Since Australia is an English speaking country, do we need to prove to INZ that the degree obtained from Australia is taught in English by asking the uni to issue a letter to say that 'the degree obtained by Mr. XYZ was taught entirely in English'?

You need to get a letter from the university, specifically stating that Mr ABC attended between this date and that date, successfully followed (whatever) course graduating (then), and that course was taught entirely in English. It is not enough to show the certificate or syllabus for this purpose.