Thread: Advance standing letter

Post Advance standing letter

hi
    i have applied for NZQA assessment last month.i have diploma in mechanical engineering from india and then i got admitted in second year/3rd sems of b.tech.
    Now Nzqa asked me to provide a letter of advance standing from the university and i contact the university for same,but they are sayinh that they never issue such a letter .
    can anybody help me with what is this letter exactly?

I hadn't heard this expression either, so maybe your university didn't know what exactly you were asking about.

Looking around on the internet, I found this page from a university that I realize is nothing to do with you, but it explains what advanced standing is and how someone applies for it. http://www.swinburne.edu.au/student-...nced-standing/
    What is Advanced Standing?

Advanced Standing provides academic credit towards a Swinburne course. It is granted based on:

Previous post-secondary studies
    Successfully completed studies from other educational institutions. Advanced Standing granted on this basis is also referred to as an ‘Exemption’.
    Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
    RPL is recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or formal training.
    How to apply

...Advanced Standing is assessed based on the supporting documentation provided with your application. All assessed and approved Advanced Standing will be listed on your offer letter.

Supporting documentation to be provided for Advanced Standing:

Letter of Completion/s, Testamur/s or Award Certificate/s (where applicable).
    Official Academic Transcript/s, showing units completed inclusive of any grades or marks.
    It comes down to having a letter from the university which sets out why they allowed you to start in the second year of the degree course, because of your previous, proven, studies.

In India, it is casual entry requirement in any University/College. If a person has done Diploma in technical field, he/she directly be given admission into 2nd year.So it is not concern with advance standing,it is simply eligibility for entry.

It sounds as though you need to ask the university to make a statement to that effect in a letter, if you cannot find, for instance, a government site that sets out the national policy, to prove that this is normal.

Hi Kumar,

I am also like you joined directly to 3rd semester after my diploma, and i too dont have document to prove that i joined lateral entry scheme...I have completed my degree from Madras university, working onto get syllabus document for Engineering degree to submit for IQA.

I found this document from "Tamilnadu Technical education" website, Hope this helps you... This is a revised notice, but they have mentioned old dates and reference numbers.

http://www.tndte.com/Lateral_Entry_2...s_GO_copy1.pdf.

Please share your inputs if you have manage to get letter from university so it will be helpful for me to prepare the documents accordingly.

Thanks,
    Mohan

yes ,mohan,NZQA assessed my qualification combined diploma+degree as Graduate degree level 7.If you that format let me know.

Hi Kumar, could you please email me the format of "letter of advance standing from the university"?
    I have sent you a private message.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kumar1986 View Post
    yes ,mohan,NZQA assessed my qualification combined diploma+degree as Graduate degree level 7.If you that format let me know.
    Hello Kumar, My husband has a Diploma and got into lateral entry for BCA 2nd year. Can you please help me with the letter I need to submit along with documents.

kumar1986 hasn't been on the forum since July, so may not see your question on the thread. Make one more post, then the forum will switch on you ability to use the Private Messaging system. If you PM him, he will probably get a notification.