Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TER Teacher Education Refresh under Student Visa

Default TER Teacher Education Refresh under Student Visa

Permission to post:

Hello guys,

Just wondering if there are someone in here who finished TER course at University of Auckland under student visa. If so, please I need some advice on the immigration matter as they are asking me for a new letter of offer as the letter offer I submitted before is not valid and it would be subject to refusal of my visa application.
    Could anyone recommend me immigaration adviser that is well verse on student visa application process.

Please help.

Kind Regards,

Marco

Surely there will be a member of the university staff who is in charge of matters concerning foreigns students? S/He may be able to arrange for your offer letter to be re-issued, in line with INZ's requirements.

I'd been to the course provider but that's the only kind letter of offer they could give me, but he promised me that he will try his very best to sort this out.

Have you been back to him? What is he doing about it now?

Yes, I talked to the course development manager but it seems they really can't help me anymore its a shame though I'm doing my course on learning institution affiliated by the Auckland University and literaly operated and governed by the university but they can't even provide me the kind of letter of offer that acceptable to the INZ. I have only 7 weeks remaining to finish the course after this course I will have my provisonal registration as a teacher. I am worried now because after almost a year of processing this kind of hurdle like battle from passing the NZQA assessment to teacher's council any day from next wek the INZ will give the verdict. What will happen if they will refuse my visa application, am I allowed to apply for a visitors visa just to finish the course then apply for a job as I am very positive that I could easily find the job because of the high demand of Secondary Mathematics Teacher in New Zealand?

Answered your PM.

Hello JandM,

I am kind of really desperate because they refused my visa application the other day. Its written in there that I am unlawful in NZ and I have only 42 days to apply for an appeal or section 61 if ever I want to raise my case. I am thinking about finishing my course and go home before my 42 days ends, is this will affect my visa application in the future?

Best regards,

Marco

Future visa applications are only affected if you have broken the law. If you do as they have said, although you are now unlawful because of bad luck with paperwork etc., you will show up as having been compliant. You would still have to mention the situation on any future application, but could explain.

I think if you can finish your course within the 42 days, that would at least be one hurdle cleared. Would the institution still allow you to do this without a visa, though?

Have you asked ChrisMwn or Karen Phillips, the LIAs, about this?

Yes, I tried to message chrisMwn but didn't reply yet and Karen Phillips suggested to me to seek a lawyer's help. Might go for an agent next week still trying to weight everything if I still go for section 61 or not I am still considering the price as well as it seems that it will cost me a fortune. I think I really need someone elses help this time as I am bit worn out of technical jargons of INZ policies and procedure.

Please be careful here, if you complete your course while your immigration status is unlawful, your qualification may not be recognised. You should lodge another application under Section 61. What was the reason your visa was declined?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast