Thread: process Residence with Job Offer London Branche

Default process Residence with Job Offer London Branche

HI All,

Just new here and my first question.
    My husband has has a job offer with an accredited employer and we are in the process of our application.
    Our EOI was selected on the 13th of April and as we had everything in place our application was received by the London office on the 4th of May. We already have a CO who informed us that after initial assessment she does not have any questions as of yet (5th of May). We also noticed all originals are sent back to us via DHL on the 6th.

We are awaiting the next steps in the process, but are wondering what the are and how long it could take after this was really quick.
    I can imagine they will contact the employer to verify the job offer, but what else can we expect?

Thanks

Monica

EOI is the first step in an application for Residence under SMC. Your husband's job offer is with an accredited employer, which normally leads to getting a Work To Residence visa. Which are you doing, or both?

Hi Jan we are doing Residence under SMC as my husband is an IT Business Analyst and he has a permanent job Offer. Does this make a difference in the speed of the process?
    Thanks

Monica

Yes, a lot. See here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/ It is because a lot more evidence has to be checked in great detail for the SMC application.

For this reason, most people with a job offer apply for WTR, or temporary work visa (Essential Skills), as well as putting in their EOI. Then they can get their visa, get to NZ, and start working without keeping the employer waiting too long, and the Residence visa just takes the time it takes, in the background. (The partner can get a partner-sponsored temporary work visa http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm, which can be applied for at the same time, linked with a covering letter, to match for time, so s/he can go along sooner, too.)

HI all,

Just got the information that our Status has been set on approved today.

Pretty quick deciding in London!
    Do you know when the next step will be (getting our passport to London etc... )

In the meanwhile time for some CHAMPAGNE

You will get an AIP email or a package in the post, which will give you full instructions as to what you have to do next. This may well not arrive for at least three weeks.

Hi,
    I am not sure but we received the mail today... This means we can define toy leave for NZ the second half of June!!!