Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ipenz ka02 software developer

Default ipenz ka02 software developer

Hi All,

In my ITA, it was indicated that i need to provide a letter from ipenz to claim LTSSL points.
    And ipenz told me to get ka02 assessment.

any of you guys encounter this? or have submitted ka02?

Hi ittf,

Almost everybody goes through this process who claims points for LTSSL. If the education is not listed in washington accord, then we have to go through KA02 process.

I have submitted my KA02 recently and awaiting results (Mechanical engineer). My friend recently submitted her KA02 and got positive assessment results a week ago (Materials engineer).

Aravindkumar

Quote Originally Posted by ittf View Post
    Hi All,

In my ITA, it was indicated that i need to provide a letter from ipenz to claim LTSSL points.

ittf, may I know which engineering degree that you have requiring the KA02 assessment?

Hi All,

Hi Ittf,

Step1: As a first step send email to Michele Boniface <membership@ipenz.org.nz> , and request for Knowledge Assessment KA02 application form, as this form is not available online
    Step2: Follow all the link mentioned by JandM, i believe you will get all the information you need for KA02
    Step 3: Go through your KA02 application form, if you find anything confusing, post here... you will get required help from forum members.

I have a bachelors in computer engineering and been working as a java programmer for close to 15 years

Hello Ittf,

I'm on the same boat as you.
    I have claimed bonus points as Analyst Programmer in the area of Absolute skills shortage.
    I'm an Engineering graduate in the Philippines but doing software programming and analysis for 12 years now.
    What is not clear is why do they need an IPENZ letter?
    I did not claimed bonus point as an Computer Engineer.

I have a bachelors in computer engineering and been working as a java programmer for close to 15 years
    For Computer Engineering graduates with work experience as software programmer, I've read it somewhere in this forum, the possibility of having the New Zealand Computer Society do the assessment. Does anybody here has the same experience?

Can you show a link for this? Though I read almost every post that appears, I don't remember mention of any such thing.

As far as I am aware, the only way to get qualifications assessed for INZ purposes, if your qualification is not on the INZ list of qualifications exempt from assessment, is to use either NZQA, or IPENZ if instructed to use them. That last will happen when there is some kind of engineering involved.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Can you show a link for this? Though I read almost every post that appears, I don't remember mention of any such thing.

As far as I am aware, the only way to get qualifications assessed for INZ purposes, if your qualification is not on the INZ list of qualifications exempt from assessment, is to use either NZQA, or IPENZ if instructed to use them. That last will happen when there is some kind of engineering involved.
    Hi JandM, it's an old post actually. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34457
    I'm not sure if that person was successful in trying that option.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast