Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Normal Visitor or Partner Based Visitor Visa?

Lightbulb Normal Visitor or Partner Based Visitor Visa?

Hi there,

I am holding a 5 years work visa and my smc application has been received in March. My girlfriend is in China, thinking of getting her here.

I got work holiday visa in July, 2014, then came into relationship with her in October, 2014. Then I came to NZ in March, 2015. Till now, I have been back to China to see her twice.

But since we haven't been able to live together, should she apply for partner based visitor visa?

Or is it better that she apply for normal visitor and come spend time with me in order to get more proof for partner based visa?

Have been worried about this for some time, hoping that you can give me some advice. Thanks!
    Last edited by frankma; 11th May 2016 at 06:40 PM.

I had a read of http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48745 saying that it is good to get general visitor first. Is this right?

And it seems the purpose of visit is important, should it be "Look and See"? Online options are visit family and friend / holiday.

It sounds as though that all applies to your girlfriend, too.

"Look, see and decide" is the safest thing to say, because if she then puts in for the partner-sponsored temporary work visa, INZ cannot say she has tried to mislead them.

Be certain to start collecting evidence that you are living together from the FIRST POSSIBLE MOMENT. The time you have been together before will not count, so you need as much as possible from THIS visit. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It sounds as though that all applies to your girlfriend, too.

"Look, see and decide" is the safest thing to say, because if she then puts in for the partner-sponsored temporary work visa, INZ cannot say she has tried to mislead them.

Be certain to start collecting evidence that you are living together from the FIRST POSSIBLE MOMENT. The time you have been together before will not count, so you need as much as possible from THIS visit. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

Hi JandM, this is really helpful.

She is doing online application and found the purpose options are 'visiting family / friends', 'holiday / vacation', 'conference', 'short term visit', 'sport music event', 'other', which one should she choose? And when should she say "Look, see and decide", on arriving card?

Thanks!

"Other," because it is "look, see and decide," not one of those other options. And she should put/say "look, see and decide" any time she is asked for the purpose of her visit, either on a form, or if the official at Immigration asks her upon arrival. And she needs to think about what kind of job she can plan to research, and where and how, ready for if she is asked.

"Other," because it is "look, see and decide," not one of those other options. And she should put/say "look, see and decide" any time she is asked for the purpose of her visit, either on a form, or if the official at Immigration asks her upon arrival. And she needs to think about what kind of job she can plan to research, and where and how, ready for if she is asked.
    @JandM It is really kind of you.

So you mean she shouldn't mention me in her application? But I have already mentioned her as partner in my residence application.

Any advice?

The point about visitor's visas is that they are intended for people who make a short trip, then go back to their home country. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/visitor-visa Being a bona fide visitor would not include her real basic reason, of staying with you long enough to qualify for the partner-sponsored temporary work visa. So yes, she's going to "look, see and decide" about work, and, incidentally as far as officialdom is concerned, about the live-in partnership too.

(I see you were waiting for a reply. Don't forget that people on the forum are from all round the world, in different time zones.)

The point about visitor's visas is that they are intended for people who make a short trip, then go back to their home country. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/visitor-visa Being a bona fide visitor would not include her real basic reason, of staying with you long enough to qualify for the partner-sponsored temporary work visa. So yes, she's going to "look, see and decide" about work, and, incidentally as far as officialdom is concerned, about the live-in partnership too.

(I see you were waiting for a reply. Don't forget that people on the forum are from all round the world, in different time zones.)

Sorry about that, just a bit worried.

As I have already mentioned her as partner in my residence application, do u think it will affect her visitor or work holiday application?

Thank you~

In one way, it can be an asset, because it shows she definitely has somewhere to stay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast