Thread: Nzsced

Default Nzsced

I am planning to re-apply for another EOI and have some clarifications on claiming bonus points under LTSSL Work Experience.
    I have already applied to NZQA for International Qualification Assessment and the outcome was a bachelor's degree at
    Level 7. The letter states that information obtained by NZQA indicated that my qualification programme was accredited
    at the time of award and the most appropriate benchmark for Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering degree is a
    bachelor's degree at Level 7 hence full comparability was given to this benchmark.

However, there was no specific New Zealand qualification indicated that can be found in LTSSL in column 4.
    To note, it is stated in LTSSL under Note 1: Overseas qualifications must be comparable to the standard of the New
    Zealand qualification listed or a qualification listed in the NZSCED category.

In line with this, I would like to clarify if I can claim bonus points under LTSSL Work experience since my qualification as
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering is listed in the NZSCED Category as seen below

Computer Engineering

Courses that prepare or develop further the abilities of individuals to design, develop and supervise the manufacture, testing, installation, maintenance and modification of computer hardware, including electronic components, equipment and systems. Principal subject matter usually includes arithmetic and logic structures, memory structures, input, output and data devices, logic design, processor architectures.

Hope you could reply and give clarification on my query since I need your input for my re application for EOI.

Thank you.

Hi jaworski, I also claimed bonus points in the are of absolute skills shortage (LTSSL).
    My qualification is BS Computer Engineering but my work experience is in software programming 10+ years.
    I haven't submitted yet for NZQA assessment but I'd expect my NZQA result will be the same as yours.

Did you include appendix B form in your NZQA submission?
    In your NZQA result, they did not mention that you need a letter from IPENZ?
    Why do you need a fresh EOI submission?
    In your NQA

Hernani
    Appendix b was included
    A letter from IPENZ was needed since my qualification was not a Washington Accord certified
    Hence, KA02 was required

Hello Hernai.
    I am currently working as Test Engineer and having a Computer Engineering qualification.
    I have 9 years of experience in manufacturing. My question is, can I used this experience and
    indicate in answering my KA02 form. I am afraid this will complicate since manufacturing experience
    is different to IT. My manufacturing experience has no relevance to my Computer Engineering qualification
    I guess.

hi jaworski, sorry just noticed this inquiry of yours. the ka02 form is to correlate your undergraduate subjects to your work experiences...were you able to correlate your BS CompE subjects to your manufacturing work experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaworski View Post
    Hello Hernai.
    I am currently working as Test Engineer and having a Computer Engineering qualification.
    I have 9 years of experience in manufacturing. My question is, can I used this experience and
    indicate in answering my KA02 form. I am afraid this will complicate since manufacturing experience
    is different to IT. My manufacturing experience has no relevance to my Computer Engineering qualification
    I guess.