Thread: Looking for best option for VISA - work/partnership

Default Looking for best option for VISA - work/partnership

Hi,

Have an odd situation here. I am currently still married but have been separated for around 8 months. I have in the last 5 months met someone who is in NZ on a 1 year working holiday visa and is from Sweden.

We have looked at the various options online and it seems another working visa (she is skilled in caring, something apparently not high on the list) or a partnership visa is the best option.

We are looking at moving in together in the next two/three months.

I guess my main concern is how my previous relationship will affect her application? Are there steps i need to take to make everything a little smoother? or possible at all!

Thanks,

If she intends to apply for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa, you should be aware that INZ only recognizes partnership as being a provable live-in relationship. You have to provide evidence of living together, and we know from experience that they take applications with around three months of evidence https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof seriously. Those old threads have a lot of discussion and suggestions which should help somewhat.

If you have enough evidence to lodge her application any time before her WHV runs out, she will be automatically covered by an Interim visa while the case is being processed. Keep collecting evidence during the processing - INZ routinely ask for more just before the visa is issued. And in any case, you will need all this early time still covered for when you apply for her next visa. Keep copies and notes of what you send in, and remember, overkill is good for this purpose.

As the INZ partnership requirements are not based on marriage, your previous/existing marriage should not be a problem. But it will probably make life easier for the official who works the case if you can show clear evidence of NOT being with your wife (i.e. at a different address), before you set up home with your new partner. Obviously, if you had a legal separation or similar, that would also help with the application. Here are the actual requirements for the NZ partner. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../nzpartner.htm