Thread: EOI Query

Default EOI Query

Hi,

I am currently on a work to residence visa for the past 7 months with an accredited employer. I am considering moving to a skilled migrant visa so I can have my residency sooner. I have a masters of science in marketing practice. I am currently working as a risk and performance analyst and have 2 years experience in the Health and Safety space (2 years) from Australia. I am in as a policy analyst on my current visa. I feel i have enough points (140) with my masters, age (26) and perm job. My question is..how vital is it that your degree/masters matches the job??

I am also confused about writing my piece based on the ANZCO description? I can put my PD in there and describe how i analyse data and create reports as a skilled position?? One positive is that I have rail experience from Australia and that is one of the main reasons I got this role now in the same industry.

Please advise me how important a case officer will look into qualifications matching the (skilled) role and is it worth me applying for this?

Many thanks

http://skillshortages.immigration.go...olicy-analyst/ says that for your job to be considered Skilled, for an application under SMC, you have to fulfil one of these criteria.

A relevant recognised qualification which is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualification must correspond to the skill level indicated for that occupation in the Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO)
    OR
    The relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute the required qualification
    OR
    The relevant requirements specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) for your occupation (if your occupation is included in the LTSSL)
    OR
    Five years of relevant work experience.
    So to apply under SMC on the basis of this job, you need to be able to show that what you studied for your Master's (or a bachelor's if you did one before) is relevant to your present job (not just the level of qualification it is), OR that you have five years' relevant experience (the five years' experience being what ANZSCO states can substitute for a qualification as well). Unless any bachelor's you have, which you haven't mentioned, is relevant to your job, it doesn't look as though you meet these conditions yet.

Yes I have a bachelor of business degree that I did also before my maters and I have an analysis side to this area of study which I use in my current job role. I have to analyse and create reports... I guess I just need to make sure I explain my current role and what it involves and then also tie it in with my maters/degree? I have 2 years experience from Australia in OHS but I am not claiming points fro experience...

Thanks for the prompt reply

It is the setting out of connections that will be crucial here. Good luck!